• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    i have limited funds and try to come up with ways to use what i have, has anyone ever seen a product for attaching a mini-maglight to the accesary rail on a pistol. Also have an idea for attaching top mounted optics using the lower rail that should not interfere with disassembly or function, if anyone has seen products like this let me know or tell me if you think there would be a demand for it, have a machine shop a mile up the road that i may be able to work with if there is any kind of market for something like this.
    DK Firearms

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Check the diameter of the light you want to use, sometimes cheap scope rings fit.

A Mini Mag Lite is totally unsuitable for a weapon light. Not nearly bright enough.

Oh, almost forgot. I've seen an old Army Special Forces weapon manual that showed how to attach a full size Mag Lite to the hand guards of an M16A2 (was printed before the M4, that's how old it is) using large hose clamps.

I actually have a digital copy rolling around here somewhere.

Along those same lines, my mom's got chickens and protects the coop with a 12 gauge that has a full size Mag Lite duct taped to it. There are far better options out there for lighting these days, but it works. But I wouldn't choose the Mini. Like I said, way too dim.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    the idea started with hunting rabbits as a kid with a maglight duct taped to a .22, point taken on brightness, any thought on the idea of mounting a reflex site on home defense pistols, theres no way my ideas would work with a holster but in/on the nightstand or target shooting would be fine, i also planned on having a secondary rail built in so mounting a light would still be possible. Plan have a prototype made to fit my taurus pt917-c but someone here may catch something i am missing. I have very little experience with handgun optics other than iron sites.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    walther makes the type of mount you want. when i had my p22 years ago one of the brochures had it in it.
    something like this right
    http://www.gun-review.com/images/uploaded/450_walter22_smoll.jpg 450_walter22_smoll.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    yup, do you know if anyone makes something like that for multiple manufacturers

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Here you go: Amazon.com: Palco Sports Pistol Tactical Rail

I've never used such a thing, tho. I have my doubts about it holding any kind of zero. With most pistols the barrel and slide lock together, but it's relatively loose on the frame. You want your sights to be on the slide. If it's a blowback action where the barrel is fixed to the frame, then it should work alright.

Top Bottom