• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Went out with a girl many, many years ago whose mother was an Italian picture bride. The marriage was totally arranged by the families. The woman sent her picture and the man sent over his bank statements. (Totally true.) It all ended up as a very bizarre situation, as the man wasn't well off at all. He had actually sent his brother's bank statements, and this caused a lot of friction when she found out after they married. He was also like 70 years old and not 30 like she was told. At the time I met the girl, the parents had been separated for at least 10 years, but wouldn't divorce (Old school Catholics.) There were two daughters, a pretty one that I went out with and a really ugly one. When the pretty one dumped me, her Mom called and tried to fix me up with the ugly one. I was young and didn't have much sense, but I did have enough sense to run away from that situation like a house fire.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Went out with a girl many, many years ago whose mother was an Italian picture bride. The marriage was totally arranged by the families. The woman sent her picture and the man sent over his bank statements. (Totally true.) It all ended up as a very bizarre situation, as the man wasn't well off at all. He had actually sent his brother's bank statements, and this caused a lot of friction when she found out after they married. He was also like 70 years old and not 30 like she was told. At the time I met the girl, the parents had been separated for at least 10 years, but wouldn't divorce (Old school Catholics.) There were two daughters, a pretty one that I went out with and a really ugly one. When the pretty one dumped me, her Mom called and tried to fix me up with the ugly one. I was young and didn't have much sense, but I did have enough sense to run away from that situation like a house fire.
    <>

Yes, the « pretty one » often has a less-attractive Sister.

And, Moms have been known to do that.

<>

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The entire situation was far more complicated and confusing. However, "Mom" was pretty explicit about how much better the other sister might perform. I was like 19 and that really threw me for a loop.

A friend of my family had called me and begged me to go out with Sister #1. His girlfriend at the time was trying to set this girl up and refused to go out with him unless he got her a date. I resisted because I was pretty sure she must be as ugly as a mud fence. He was pretty desperate and swore that she wasn't ugly, and his begging finally convinced me to be a pal and give it a shot. We drove to a nearby city where she lived and we were deep into the bad part of town when we pulled up to her place. It was January and there was a hooker standing on the corner dressed in hot pants and a halter top, visibly shivering. I had to ask him if that was my date, and was fairly relieved to find out it wasn't. The girl lived next door to a bar called "Randy's House Of Foam". Seriously. You can't make that sort of thing up. The girl was beautiful, but it turned out she had some genetic blood disorder that required her to get a complete blood transfusion every week and her chances of living past 30 were slim, hence the reason nobody asked her out.

I haven't thought about this in years. I don't know what happened to the girls, but the guy in the story ended up marrying his girlfriend. I heard earlier this year that he kicked the bucket. Nobody in his family lived to be very old.

Top Bottom