• ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Welcome to Texas.
    In the event that you buy a weapon that was stolen or used in a crime, or sell one that is subsequently used in a crime, it is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL to deflect suspicion from yourself and back to the perp, by having contact info from the seller / buyer/ perp.

No it's not.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Not personally, but I did have a coworker get a visit from from the cops about HIS gun recovered at the scene of a homicide. Luckily he had a BOS and details from the buyer's (turned out to be the shooters) DL.
    Never bought or sold a gun without that afterwards.

Unless the police had reason to suspect your friend, the fact that he was the original purchaser of the gun means nothing. However, the BOS could have been used to build a case against your friend for selling to a prohibited person if the person was a felon, etc.

BOS's can be faked, too.

valegian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    San Antonio
    Cool. I'm going to just sell it. I will be checking for TX ID , taking the cash, and asking some other important questions. As my way of saying "thank you", I will have my son draw a name out of a cap this Sunday (I will write down your user IDs on little pieces of paper) and will give the lucky (and helpful) person who contributed to this thread a box of 225-count 22LR Remington Golden Bullets. I will PM you and make arrangements to get you the box if my son pulls your name. Again...Thanks guys for all the info.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, now that you should know what the laws are in Texas when it comes to the private sale of rifles; the next big question is...what are ya selling?!? :D

valegian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    San Antonio
    OK, now that you should know what the laws are in Texas when it comes to the private sale of rifles; the next big question is...what are ya selling?!? :D
    M1A Socom 2 with extended rail w/free 200 rounds of .308 Win Super X. I will post it up as soon as I have enough posts (per forum rules). Its brand new.:)

Top Bottom