• ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Welcome to Texas.
    In the event that you buy a weapon that was stolen or used in a crime, or sell one that is subsequently used in a crime, it is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL to deflect suspicion from yourself and back to the perp, by having contact info from the seller / buyer/ perp.

Really? Have you experienced this???

As far as all the "Heard it from my..." talk goes, I've actually experienced something like this.

The ATF contacted me regarding two AK's I sold as parts guns. They were assembled, but the barrels were out of spec and either wouldn't chamber rounds, or had gas port holes drilled too far forward for the gas tube to stay put.

I sold them in a Chase Bank parking lot in Houston to someone who seemed like an ordinary gun guy, of Hispanic descent. Somewhere down the line, they ended up in Mexico, and the ATF traced them from the manufacturer (NoDak Spud) to the guy who first bought them from NoDak, a friend of mine, who later traded them to me.

I had no bill of sale, and had no info whatsoever on the guy I sold the gun to. I managed to do some investigating on forums I frequent and found the date that I sold the guns by looking up a thread I made on a gun that I bought the same day after I sold the AK's. I looked at my phone call history for that day online and found all the numbers I called, and narrowed it down to one possible number.

When the ATF agent first called me, at first he seemed all nice and friendly. He wanted to meet me at a starbucks somewhere to talk about the AK's I once owned. One month went by of not hearing from him, then he randomly called again, this time wanting to meet at a police station on the Campus that I go to school at.

I know I could have easily told the guy to **** off, but I decided I didn't want to be viewed with suspicion, even though it probably didn't mean jack, but I decided to meet up with them.

When we met up, they were two plainclothes officers who looked like they came straight out the hood. Think Bad Boys lol. They took me to an interrogation room and asked me who I sold the gun to, where I sold the gun, and where I got the receivers from. Apart from telling them where I got the receivers from, I didn't remember much else, so I told them what I knew about the guy I sold it to, such as how he looked, and gave them a post it with the number I found. They were getting irritated at me answering "I don't remember" to so many of their questions, and eventually asked me to write and sign an affidavit. I didn't want to do such without a lawyer present (as if talking to them without one didn't seem bad enough), and informed them that I won't sign anything without a lawyer. They told me "You know who needs lawyers? People who are GUILTY!" lol.

I ended up playing it as safe as I could at that point and paid some lawyer (too much money for the shit customer service she gave me) to write and send them an affidavit, even though I didn't really have to.

Never got another call or text from the ATF again. No BOS. I don't think it would have helped much anyway. It seems they already knew everything they needed to know and just wanted me to confirm it with a written statement.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Lol I may have, because I remember thinking how stupid of a statement that was lol. All I remember telling them was that I didn't trust the government and wanted to play it safe or something like that.

He passively threatened me by saying that if I didn't write an affidavit right then and there, he will write his own stuff and "might forget to mention some things you told me that would help you" or something along the lines of that.

I still have his number saved, I like to imagine that we're best buddies.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Shameful y'all hijacked the man's thread and I wasn't in on it.
    But it was a TGT classic kudos and 10 pts for all who took part

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    +1
    i bought a nice Sig from a cop on a stakeout in a Bass Pro parking lot after dark.

(Top that one ;)
    This sounds similar to my story except he wasnt working but he was a cop and it was a sig. Sold it for a steal because he liked his sigs a 1/2 inch longer. Manufacture date was literally a few months old.

Top Bottom