Hurley's Gold

Shared this on TGO also, anybody ever have to deal with this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Morning of the 30th, we are heading to our closest Wal-Mart to grab last minute essentials for the shoot. I'm going up Shaenfield rd (between 1604 and 1560, for the local folks), this is a two lane road with construction going on. It's 8:30 in the morning and the sun is rising and in my eyes's. At the last minute I see this huge pothole on the left side of my lane, I can't go right due to the concrete costruction walls right on the line (no shoulder), and in the oncoming lane the hole continues, so in the hole I go. I make it around the corner to the walmart and look at the tire and it is flat, my thinking was, maybe it just broke the bead and I can just get air. So I took it around back to the tire shop, and get out, and I see the rim, completely destroyed. So the Wal-Mart employees tell me they have had 7 others come in with damage from the same hole. So I get my donut spare put on so I can make the shoot. Monday we take it to Discount tire to get the spare put on the back of the car, cuz the rim has to be ordered through Cadillac (300-400 bucks), the guys in Discount say we are over the hundreth person to go in their store because of this same pothole on Shaenfield. So I have started the picture taking, and phone calling (the county utilities say it is the construction companies responsibility). I was able to email pics and the story to the construction company, and supposedly will hear back today what is going to happen. I am not to optimistic at this point. Sometime between saturday morning and monday afternoon they filled the holes. Heres a couple of pics...

My baby has a black eye...
    1-30-10SAShoot023.gif

Looking at the pic, I would be entering the shot from right to left...
    006-2.gif

005.gif

:frusty::frusty:
    Venture Surplus ad

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'd certainly pursue it if it were me. Never know if they will pay up or not, but it's worth the effort to find out. A typical tire and wheel combo can cost 600 bucks pretty fast these days.

DAMN that's a tiny spare!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I know I shouldn't have driven out to marion on it, but I am so glad I didn't miss the shoot. I almost went back home because I was ticked...

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Almost the same thing happend to me with my vette and the construction company paid up with out much trouble. I hope it all works out of you I know its a HUGE pain in the rear.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    If nothing else, your insurance might come into play. If this is considered a comprehensive claim, the deductible may be set low. Worth looking into.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    time to get a truck. lol but no, that really sucks. ive hit a few big holes in my gf's car and felt like i blew out the tire

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    UPDATE - Construction companies insurance (Travelers), sent a letter today sayng, they are not responsible. So....no reimbursement for me. :banghead:

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    UPDATE - Construction companies insurance (Travelers), sent a letter today sayng, they are not responsible. So....no reimbursement for me. :banghead:

hey Skip, I deal with this all the time, the insurance company is right... they wont pay, but if you call YOUR insurance company, they will cover with $0 deductable as road hazard. good luck.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    keep in mind, you also need a new spare. that one is used and unsafe.

its tempting to go chunk a brick thru a few windows about now...

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Try hitting a big one on a motorcycle - it sucks. I was following a car and they straddled this portal to another dimension - if my front tire had gone in I would have gone over and off for sure. This was on a sport bike, but for a second I had to revert to my dirt riding habits - slid way back on the seat and hit the gas enough to carry the front tire over the hole. Banged the crap out of the rear tire, but no damage that I could tell.

Top Bottom