• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Just wanted to leave a couple cents here about the Sharpshooter. It's the closest range to me so I have been going to it once a month. Hard to beat the price for students.

Pros:
    -proximity to Corpus Christians
    -$10 for students on Sunday with free safety gear + 1 target

Neutral:
    -10 lanes = 5 pistol + 5 long
    -cool store, has everything, a lot of chill/knowledgeable staff, layout and architecture is good
    -sometimes the staff is not chill, when you tell them you are planning on ordering online, or when they don't know how to work their register

Cons:
    That said, unfortunately I've had a few negative experiences, not one off. There were a couple times I was overcharged and multiple staff needed to help remove them. It's easy to overlook these and just walk out without knowing you overpaid so that's not a good feeling. The wait times could also be very long, like an hour on busy weekends, and they don't call you or page you, just shout your name (Don't wait outside). Once I waited from 4:30-5:30 and they let me in, only to kick me out at 6! Wtf, had I known I was only getting 30 min, I wouldn't have gone in, waste my money because I wanted the full hour. They should've warned me and asked if I were sure I still wanted to shoot today. So that was some bad/negligent customer service :/

Anyway, I will still go due to cheap shooting, but I do hope they improve their customer service and management... I looked through TXguntalk and found more negativity surrounding the Sharpshooter such as "avoid Sharpshooter" and that there are gangbangers who go there. While I wouldn't go that far, I would have to say this shop has its share of issues that need to be fixed.
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2023
    Lakeway
    I tried them a few times, They never turned on the ventilation fans in the range even when asked. I was told the third time they were broken. Never been back.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    I tried them a few times, They never turned on the ventilation fans in the range even when asked. I was told the third time they were broken. Never been back.
    The ventilation is still not good. I was recommended that Nichols has better ventilation. I haven't gone yet, but I did get a free 1-hr pass. Will try there soon.

Top Bottom