• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm confused by this whole story. Why are they paying people to smuggle illegals across the border? Cant they just walk across? As for the boy I guess he just made a stupid mistake. Wanted some easy cash and street cred so he could brag about being a cartel mafia crime boss to his homies. Well now he can smuggle drugs, cigarettes, phones etc. in his ass while he's in jail.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Nailed it ...
    Sign of the times.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm confused by this whole story. Why are they paying people to smuggle illegals across the border? Cant they just walk across? As for the boy I guess he just made a stupid mistake. Wanted some easy cash and street cred so he could brag about being a cartel mafia crime boss to his homies. Well now he can smuggle drugs, cigarettes, phones etc. in his ass while he's in jail.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The soldier is NOT a boy by the standards of the Texas National Guard. He does qualify as STUPID however.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Governor Abbott properly described him as a traitor. There is no excuse for actions against fellow soldiers or this Country.

Abbott said "If the allegations are true, the accused is a traitor and criminal"

Big difference, and unlike this board, at least the Governor (who his the soldier's commander-in-chief) is abiding by the basic principle of our legal system which is presumed innocent until proven guilty!

Having had to deal with a similar case, I know one must reserve judgment until all the facts are known. We have due process in Texas, “No citizen of this State shall be deprived of life, liberty or property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disenfranchised, except by due course of the law of the land” per the Texas Constitution, Art. 1, Sec. 19.

If the Texas Military Department charges him, it will be under the Texas Code of Military Justice (Texas Government Code, Title 4, Subtitle C, Chapter 432).

Let's let the system run its course...

Lastly, Operation LONE STAR is a Texas mission under Title 32 of the U.S. Code, not a Federal one.

Any and all actions during it are at the state, not country, level.

Top Bottom