• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I put a wilson combat spring kit in the sr1911 and the pull is down to 1.5 lbs. 50 rounds at 12 yards

Loving my 1911 midlife crisis

IMG_0770.jpeg
    Hurley's Gold

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Today was a real peach of a range trip
    Took some 38spl reloads. There is some weird stuff going on with this batch.
    Most of them fire normally. Then i get a squib. Primer pops but the powder charge doesn’t. Same cases, primers, powder, bullet.
    Got a bullet stuck in the barrel. No biggie. Brass rod and a small hammer tapped it right out.
    I can’t figure out why on the squibs. Just have to shoot’em up and reload them anew.
    Also tried a new set of Altamont grips. Darn things were too thick on the front of the left grip to allow extraction. Spent a little while grinding down the top edge of the left grip.
    It’s working now. I’ll try it with live fire before doing the final polishing.

Last edited:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Went to the range midday and took all my 9mms to give them a go. It's been too long for some of them since their last workout.

Was a nice spring day... had range to myself. Shot the pistols at 10yds and the Draco Nak9 and Keltec sub2000 at 25yds

Had a blast and not one failure... shot mostly bulk 115gr fmj but a few rounds of SD ammo in a couple of them

Ruger Security 9
    Kimber Micro 9
    Diamondback DB9
    Bul Armory 1911
    Springfield Armory EDC9
    IWI Masada

KelTec SUB2000
    Draco NAK9

Observations-

-The full size 1911 was the most enjoyable to shoot, best trigger and handled recoil the best

- The Leupold DP Pro red dot on the Masada makes this an easy gun to shoot

- The CT laser grip on the Kimber Micro 9 nightfall works great... just point and shoot... no aiming required... I have it dialed in

Collage_2024-04-23_14_31_43.jpg
    20240423_120358.jpg

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Went yesterday afterwork I just replaced the extractor after it broke and went for T&E and got around to practicing controlled pairs at 20ish yards from concealment.

52 rounds in pressed mag release, mag dropped and so did mag release. P365 axg legion is a pos this is just my sample size of one.
    1713906398993.jpeg

1713906419210.jpeg

Top Bottom