• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I thought we had one of these started for this year, but I didn't see one and I'm surprised we've made it half way into April without one.

I had to remove this lil trespasser from the school yesterday. One of the admin assistants came to me asking "do you do snakes?" My reply was "it depends." Turns out this lil baby was trying to get into our cafeteria door. I wasn't sure what kind of snake it was at first - didn't have copperhead or moccasin markings, jawline told me non-venemous but it was agitated - puffing its body up, flattening its head, pretending to be a big bad cottomouth. Happened across a Fazebook post from someone on a snake relocating page of the exact same kind of snake - turned out to be a broad banded water snake.

It got released unharmed in the woods on the creek bank that runs behind our school. Pretty lil' feller in the light.

IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    Hurley's Gold

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    My first thought was Eastern Hognose.

View attachment 446093
    You first thought was good. Eastern hognose. Look at the rostral scale (upturned scale on snout for digging up toads)

My mistake and apologies. Went back and re-read the above posts lol.

I was confirming your ID on the hognose photo you posted in reference to Sasquatch's post...doh!

Last edited:

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I thought we had one of these started for this year, but I didn't see one and I'm surprised we've made it half way into April without one.

I had to remove this lil trespasser from the school yesterday. One of the admin assistants came to me asking "do you do snakes?" My reply was "it depends." Turns out this lil baby was trying to get into our cafeteria door. I wasn't sure what kind of snake it was at first - didn't have copperhead or moccasin markings, jawline told me non-venemous but it was agitated - puffing its body up, flattening its head, pretending to be a big bad cottomouth. Happened across a Fazebook post from someone on a snake relocating page of the exact same kind of snake - turned out to be a broad banded water snake.

It got released unharmed in the woods on the creek bank that runs behind our school. Pretty lil' feller in the light.

View attachment 446091 View attachment 446090
    Looks like a garter snake, fun to play with.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My little brother in Blanco area sent me several pics of Diamondbacks around his house and one in garage. He gets nervous when young grand kids from Austin visit. Of course him living on so much land they all want to get out and romp and stomp.

Top Bottom