Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    Rent a stair climbing dolly. $79/day at Sunbelt. Handled my 600lb safe with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYqAzIwdaM
    I moved my nearly 700lb safe by myself with a regular heavy duty dolly. I only had to go up one step and accomplished that with a very sketchy application of a farm jack. Having one of those stair climbing dolly would have been much better, lol...

The scariest part was after winching it out of the pickup. Had it laying on it's back, let it slide down the tailgate so it was resting on the floor and leaning against the truck. Put the truck in reverse to push it upright. Pucker factor happened when I thought it was going to rock onto it's face, but it managed to land upright

This is the reason why I think it's better to have multiple smaller safes instead of one giant one.

I use several short pieces of 3/4" pvc pipe and roll it on that. Used a come-a-long to winch it up the ramp of my trailer on the same pipe rollers. fortunately did not hade to negotiate any stairs.

I used furniture dolleys outside with boards to raise it to the height I needed to let the golf balls take over once I got it past the step into the house... I believe they are a better option than the PVC pipe idea, only because you can manipulate it in any direction you want with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejano Scott View Post
    Pvc pipe worked for me
    Did you buy a safe??
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

"An eagle doesn't need to show his talons..."

Call the safe moving guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    Rent a stair climbing dolly. $79/day at Sunbelt. Handled my 600lb safe with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYqAzIwdaM

I wonder if he already moved it?
    TURN OFF THE GAY ASS MUSIC!!!! Wtf is with people adding so much of this horrid music to their videos?!
    "Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle" Jeremy N. Choate

Join the NRA https://joinnra.nra.org/join/join.asp
    Handgun Laws http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    Don't talk to the Police! http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc
    ** Support the 2nd Amendment and Teach a New Person to shoot and enjoy Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land View Post
    Call the safe moving guys.
    Yep, I had mine delivered, lol.

No reply from Scott?

PVC pipe or circular tubing, then some good ratcheting straps to get into the back of the truck. It's a pretty quiet method too, the homeowner never even knew I was there!
    "They that would give up Essential Liberty, for a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

EDC - Glock 26 Gen IV

Quote Originally Posted by locke_n_load View Post
    PVC pipe or circular tubing, then some good ratcheting straps to get into the back of the truck. It's a pretty quiet method too, the homeowner never even knew I was there!
    Yeah, I used 3/4" PVC and rolled it through the house. Pretty easy really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbtreasures View Post
    Tip it up and put golf balls under it need one person to put the balls under It but can roll it where ever.

Rich
    Guy who moved safes told me this is what he did. He'd go buy old range balls. Once the balls are under it, it moves with ease. Just need a helper to keep sweeping balls under it. Tough going over carpet, but it still works. Over a hard floor, it glides.

Guy who installed mine had a special dolly/hand truck that would roll and change direction easily. I helped spot him going through one real tight spot, but he moved it and installed it himself.
    True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of justice. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast