Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool been awar for a while...who's casting here in el paso...

just started casting a bit ago, trying to see who else in town may be doing same, good to know for knowledge base...thanks.

Yep, cast and swage jacketed bullets. Mostly cast .452 .45 ACP, 185 swc and 225 ball.

hey randmplumbingllc good to hear. like to be able to pick ur brain on casting from time to time...what is ur source for lead? harder to acquire than i thought it was going to be.

Get it from the range where you shoot. Get out your shovel and dig some berms.

No problem with the brain picking, but not much to pick.

What are you casting ? Rifle-pistol....what cal. ? How you sizing-lubing?
    Last edited by randmplumbingllc; 01-15-2014 at 02:22 PM.

124gr/9mm---200gr/.45, so far, just started...doing lee's micro groove for alox, not sizing yet. going to try the lee's as they are...picking up ww where i can and have some friends that get for me as well. trying to get all i can so i don't have to worry about not finding it later... so get all i can now and cast/load a few up along the way...

You will be much happier if/when you switch to a true lube groove bullet and go with a RCBS lube/sizer or other brand/same concept.

I tried Alox/Rooster lube when I first started. It works, but not nearly as well as the Carnuba Red lube I use now. Way less smoke, no leading, plus lubes and sizes in one step.

Wheel weights are great if you can get enough of them. I can just never get enough of them. Either the tire places won't/can't give them up, or they want a small fortune for them.

ultimately going to real size/lubing bur for now the alox style...am lucky to know a couple of tire places for lead, getting to be more and more steel and zinc but while the source is still there why not. have brother in boat country looking into old sailboats for ballast/keel lead.i hope to get to the point that my lead hunting ends with a lifetime and a half supply... then i go to town on casting...

Yeah, my lead seems to go pretty quick. Good luck on that lifetime supply. I have been looking for it for years and still have not found it. I probably go through 500 lbs. a year.

I do alot of casting of cores for jacketed bullets. Can never have enough lead.

just picked up #200 nuclear med isotope containers and #200+ coww, busy weekend...maybe i'll just cruse the tire shops saturday and see what else i can score...have a great weekend...tx.

Nice ! Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast