Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juarez

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

That is creepy. ZX9

Now I know how to get my next wife

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "I am quota"

Rent, don't buy.

It's okay...

She won't speak English

"I am quota"

Quote Originally Posted by cbigclarke View Post
    I was in Mexico several times this time last year. No issues, no problems. Stop being chicken

I am in the Middle East walking around in public 12+ times a year. Does not make it a safe place to get a beer.
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dalai Lama

"I'd rather have a hog problem than an asshole problem "- TXARGUY

I recently watched Sicario the movie. Is it true they hung naked dead bodies from the freeway?
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Life Member
    USPSA Life Member
    Texas LTC Instructor

yes, it was true. Some liberties were taken in the movie but in the heyday of the violence, most of the stuff in the movie happened.
    Ab Absurdo

I have not been to Juarez for about 6 years which is when the violence started. It got really bad for a while but friends that still live there tell me it has calmed down. Not to the pre drug wars level but people are not getting killed by the dozens on a daily basis. I've also asked about the Kentucky Bar. I am told it is now hopping again but it has gotten real trendy with the local hipster locals. I used to go there for some awesome food and a few cold ones so I have fond memories of the place.
    I don't plan on going back to Juarez anytime soon. While things are better, it is still a little too violent.
    Ab Absurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirk10100 View Post
    I have not been to Juarez for about 6 years which is when the violence started. It got really bad for a while but friends that still live there tell me it has calmed down. Not to the pre drug wars level but people are not getting killed by the dozens on a daily basis. I've also asked about the Kentucky Bar. I am told it is now hopping again but it has gotten real trendy with the local hipster locals. I used to go there for some awesome food and a few cold ones so I have fond memories of the place.
    I don't plan on going back to Juarez anytime soon. While things are better, it is still a little too violent.
    Kirk,
    Thanks for the info. You helped me decide not to go when you said it is "trendy".
    Too often I find myself remembering the world the way it was in the 1960s and set myself up for a disappointment. I have a habit of remembering only the good stuff. That's not really a bad thing though.
    Thanks again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast