Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I got one of my Teenage "grail" guns today, now I'm thinking it's too nice to shoot..

I've always wanted an HK P7M8 since I was a teen in the 80's, but I could never justify one. Or I talked myself out of it. Today, in a fit of temporary insanity I purchased one.

I set out to get a shooter, but the prices have gone just insane. For just a little more than the shooter prices I've seen recently I got this one from a serious collector locally.

It's a IF (1985) date code, Chantilly import. New in the box, never fired, but with the "thin trigger" upgrade. The gun was purchased by a collector in Dallas, from the collector in Germany who had bought it new.

I don't own any guns I won't shoot, but this thing is so nice, I'm almost afraid to shoot it.

A couple of horrible iPhone pics.

Excellent choice!
    Do like.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

"An eagle doesn't need to show his talons..."

Many years from now it can be a pretty gun in abox

or

it will be a gun with lots of stories.

Shoot it!

Quote Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
    Many years from now it can be a pretty gun in abox

or

it will be a gun with lots of stories.

Shoot it!
    I'll shoot it, I just have convince myself. but I know it will happen, soon.

I would buy a shooter and keep that one put up.

Very nice.
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

In a perfect world, that's what I would do. It was hard enough to convince my wife I "needed" this one, and it made a huge dent in my gun budget for next year, I'll be sending three other pistols down the road for this. If I can find the right deal, I'll score a shooter, but otherwise, this one will have to do.

It looks like a modified Glock.

If unfired I say don't squeeze the trigger but this is all beyond my knowledge.

Not shooting a gun is like having a hot wife you aint boinking, or a pick up truch that you never hauled anything in. People told me I was nuts to shoot my new burst marked Colt M16A2. Shooting it has given me lots of happiness!
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Not shooting a gun is like having a hot wife you aint boinking, or a pick up truch that you never hauled anything in. People told me I was nuts to shoot my new burst marked Colt M16A2. Shooting it has given me lots of happiness!
    Ya, I no longer "collect", I bought it to shoot. I know I'll kill some of the value, but they have taken off in price since the police trade in's dried up, and I don't see them getting any cheaper. My real worry is parts. HK no longer produces spare parts, so when they are gone, that's it. I've scrounged most of the known hi breakage parts, but I still have a few left before I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    Ya, I no longer "collect", I bought it to shoot. I know I'll kill some of the value, but they have taken off in price since the police trade in's dried up, and I don't see them getting any cheaper. My real worry is parts. HK no longer produces spare parts, so when they are gone, that's it. I've scrounged most of the known hi breakage parts, but I still have a few left before I'll be happy.
    I have a H&K P9S that's a safe queen. About the only part on it that will fail is the buffer & there are aftermarket buffers available.
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast