Then you might like this too:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/h...op-thread.html

Lord knows an Aggie would never find it

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster69 View Post

Just don't ask me to map all those

Basic Google Earth can be a PIA for this sort of thing.

Would love to do an interactive map, where clicking on it brings up a full screen with links that you can pan and zoom. If anyone knows how to do that let me know.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster69 View Post

You're right, I didnt look because Acera started the thread....thanks for pointing that one out. However, that's a list of gun Shops, not gun Ranges.

Acera, google has a separate Maps program, I think called Maps Engine or something. Might be what your looking for. U gotta pay monthly for it though...which I thought was weird of google to do

Quote Originally Posted by peeps View Post
    Acera, google has a separate Maps program, I think called Maps Engine or something. Might be what your looking for. U gotta pay monthly for it though...which I thought was weird of google to do
    Yeah, I think that is more designed for businesses who want to post maps on their webpages to help customers find them. This thing has been good and bad at the same time, as many who have viewed the 5 previous map pictures in this thread can attest. I keep trying to get all the labels and the entire picture in one screen which is a PITA. Hope this one is not too small to read and gets the point across of the locations in the area.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps View Post
    You're right, I didnt look because Acera started the thread....thanks for pointing that one out. However, that's a list of gun Shops, not gun Ranges.
    I'mknowindat, but the two compliment each other don't ya think?

How about this?

Where To Shoot | Find a Range

This is within 90 miles of downtown Houston (77002).
    Allen Corneau
    -----
    "I have tactical reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
    How about this?

Where To Shoot | Find a Range

This is within 90 miles of downtown Houston (77002).
    That did not return any results for me. You got a name? I will post it up on the list, but probably can't get it on the map if it is 90 miles away.

Think I found it, is this one you were talking about??

Houstons Number One Sporting Clays Shooting Range and Hunting Preserve
    Last edited by Acera; 10-28-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Oops! It's supposed to be a list of all the shooting ranges within 90 miles.

Just go here and do a search:

Find Shooting Ranges in U.S. and Canada | Where To Shoot
    Allen Corneau
    -----
    "I have tactical reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
    Oops! It's supposed to be a list of all the shooting ranges within 90 miles.

Just go here and do a search:

Find Shooting Ranges in U.S. and Canada | Where To Shoot
    Lots of misinformation when I do that. Some I can't find anything about. Hoping that you knew of ones open and working. Some are training companies that use ranges already posted, others are dead ends. One shows up as off Hempstead hwy, but when you open the link, both locations are in Oklahoma. Me thinks NSSF is not on top of their stuff

I will get Rio Brazos added if the moderators let me edit the original positing, think I am past normal editing time frame.
    Last edited by Acera; 10-28-2014 at 05:23 PM.

I live in Humble and on the weekends go to the Dayton Gun Range. It's about half-way between Huffman and Dayton. A bit of a drive unless you live on the NE side of Houston, but I really like it.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast