Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Great thread! The old Houston Range thread was pretty sad. How would you feel if I killed that one and stickied this one? OP's call.
    Houston Crew Motto- "Have Gun, Will Travel. Go Big, Then Go Home."

Quote Originally Posted by Tejano Scott View Post
    Great thread! The old Houston Range thread was pretty sad. How would you feel if I killed that one and stickied this one? OP's call.
    Please do!!!!

I would really like extended editing access to add a couple of new ranges to the list if possible. Right now I can not edit the original posting.

Still doing research and want it to be a 'living' list that evolves and changes as the opportunities and places to shoot change in our community.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by gordyt View Post
    I live in Humble and on the weekends go to the Dayton Gun Range. It's about half-way between Huffman and Dayton. A bit of a drive unless you live on the NE side of Houston, but I really like it.
    Hey gordyt, been a member over a year, & first post.

Welcome to the Forum!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

"An eagle doesn't need to show his talons..."

Quote Originally Posted by gordyt View Post
    I live in Humble and on the weekends go to the Dayton Gun Range. It's about half-way between Huffman and Dayton. A bit of a drive unless you live on the NE side of Houston, but I really like it.
    Do they allow machine guns?

I'm in Humble/Kingwood as well but I belong to BASC. All NFA but MGs are allowed at BASC.

Ok, does anyone know about the Galveston Rifle and Pistol Club??? Untitled Document

Other than it's a private club on the island, their website leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by Acera; 10-29-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” ~ Albert Einstein

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

The impactzonerange.com
    http://www.TexasNFATrust.com

http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

Providing Family, Criminal and Personal Injury Law Services in the Houston Area since 1998.

NFA ownership counseling - Trust preparation, Corporation & LLC formation, Assistance with BATFE Forms

S & M Arms, LLC, Type 07 Manufacturer & Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    The impactzonerange.com
    Home Page

Got it, waiting for editing privileges.

Ok, thinking about adding codes/better descriptions to the list.

My current thoughts................

S-R = Small Rifle, .22 etc. Rimfire (some ranges allow rimfire rifles but no other rifles.)
    L-R = Large Rifle, centerfire
    P = Pistol
    S = Shotgun Formal - skeet, trap, clays course, 5 stand, etc.
    S* = Shotgun Informal -* no set course, seen a few where they let you shoot clay pigeons if you bring your own out to their field, may/may not have a thrower.
    A = Archery

I = Indoors
    O = Outdoors

Per Gun Fee Structure
    Daily Fee Structure

And possibly Range max distance.

You guys got any other input on that????
    Last edited by Acera; 10-29-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks ZX9RCAM! I'm really bad about hopping online and scanning new posts in the handful of forums that I follow w/o posting anything. Trying to do better....

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Do they allow machine guns?

I'm in Humble/Kingwood as well but I belong to BASC. All NFA but MGs are allowed at BASC.
    They surely do! The folks that run the range are very safe, but also very accommodating. The only negatives I have are:

1. A bit difficult to find the first time you go out there, and
    2. When it rains there is usually some standing water. My solution: I keep a pair of mud-boots in the trunk. No worries.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast