Obama annoucement on Syria

Obama gambles on getting Congress to green-light war with Syria

In a legacy-defining gamble, President Barack Obama announced Saturday that he has decided to launch military strikes against Syria — but wants the Congress to authorize them.
    “In a world with many dangers, this menace must be confronted,” Obama declared in the Rose Garden 10 days after Bashar Assad’s forces allegedly massacred 1,400 civilians with chemical weapons.
    “After careful deliberation, I have decided that the United States should take military action against Syrian regime targets,” he said, describing himself as “prepared to give that order.”
    The president’s hastily arranged remarks — demonstrators protesting outside the White House gates could be heard from the West Wing only minutes before he spoke — sucked the urgency out of what had looked like a imminent military strike.
    Instead, cruise missile-carrying warships off Syria’s coast will have to wait until the week of Sept. 9. That’s when Congress returns from a month-long vacation to take up a measure, drafted by the White House, giving Obama the green-light.
    “I’m the president of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy," Obama said. "I will seek authorization for the use of force from the American people's representatives in Congress."
    The president ignored a reporter who shouted the obvious question: What happens if Congress says no?

The train left the station and Bathhouse Bammy was not on it and never will be. What I found interesting was the reaction by the ME countries/leaders. Bammy is truly the village idiot at the world class level.
    Don
    Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Life Member: NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and H.O.G

ArmaLite AR10 T

you won't see this on your fox/nbc/cbs media

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

Bet you will not this kind of insight from Scott pelli or rachel mad-cow ......by now the whole world knows Assad had nothing to do with the gassing of the Syrian people....it seems the only naive and misinformed people in the world is in the USA.....

Guess Hitler was correct add fluoride in the water and we become docile mindless sheep......except it does not always take and some of us will always be trouble for TPTB......sure hope the ranks increase.....

A&M won now if UT can just quit fumbling and tighten up after that second TD...woo-hoo....

Obama annoucement on Syria

God help us all.

Honestly who cares about Suunis gassing Shiites? If you can get them to stop killing each other for 2 minutes to take a quick poll, they both hate us. Let them kill each other.
    Houston Crew Motto- "Have Gun, Will Travel. Go Big, Then Go Home."

Re: Obama annoucement on Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Tejano Scott View Post
    Honestly who cares about Suunis gassing Shiites? If you can get them to stop killing each other for 2 minutes to take a quick poll, they both hate us. Let them kill each other.
    Not true, jakash likes us and only gets mad when you dont tip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawico View Post
    He doesn't know how to use the extra features available, like sig lines and avatars.

Las Vegas, Nevada someday to be Ft. Worth, Texas
    In his Rose Garden speech, he pulls this:

But having made my decision as Commander-in-Chief based on what I am convinced is our national security interests, I’m also mindful that I’m the President of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy. I’ve long believed that our power is rooted not just in our military might, but in our example as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And that’s why I’ve made a second decision: I will seek authorization for the use of force from the American people’s representatives in Congress.
    Gee, and all this time I've been led to believe, by the Founding Fathers, that we were a constitutional republic. Damn! All those years I've been wrong.
    "A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
    Richard Henry Lee - 1788, Senator, First Congress

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
    -Samuel Adams

The Founding Fathers would have been shooting by now.........