Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I'd only open carry a unloaded S&W revolver for dress up reason (if I wanna look like a cowboy). If I'm serious, I'd also conceal carry a loaded semi-auto.

I don't want the bad guys to see I have a gun and know to shoot at me first.
    I'm happy to open carry any of my glocks. I am fine with any bad guys to see my pistol and realize I'm the wrong lady to mess with and they better move along and pick somebody else to accost.

I only open carry at home, at the gas pump at night or walking in my neighborhood at night.

I either carry my Kahr CW-9 or my Glock 19.
    Hope and Change = Bait and Switch

Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I'd only open carry a unloaded S&W revolver for dress up reason (if I wanna look like a cowboy). If I'm serious, I'd also conceal carry a loaded semi-auto.

I don't want the bad guys to see I have a gun and know to shoot at me first.

that's the dumbest thing i ever heard

Open Carry? Don't like it but if it were to happen it would be either this belt/holster rig and my Colt 2nd Generation .357 Magnum Single Action Army:

or any one of my Government Model 1911s. Currently I have my Dan Wesson Pointman 9 on my hip but its concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by TxOverland View Post
    that's the dumbest thing i ever heard
    Because logic and common sense is dumb. Especially when this was actually an advice from a long time LTC instructor and police veteran.
    Last edited by heavygunner8; 05-13-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Except the evidence to back up the assertion is exceedingly slim.

I think that the bad guys interested in noticing that I am open carrying are a lot more likely to be in the process of wanting to rob me personally or rape me, rather then seeing me in a public situation where I am foiling their store robbery or whatever.

I think open carrying would be a deterrent to someone picking me for a robbery or a rape; I opine that their selecting skills might then let them know that I'm not the best choice for their victim but rather I might in fact be their Huckleberry.

I have no evidence to back this up, because it's hard to prove what doesn't happen that you can see.
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; 05-18-2017 at 02:18 PM.

it would be my old parkerized plain Jane Springfield Armory 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I think that the bad guys interested in noticing that I am open carrying are a lot more likely to be in the process of wanting to rob me personally or rape me, rather then seeing me in a public situation where I am foiling their store robbery or whatever.

I think open carrying would be a deterrent to someone picking me for a robbery or a rape; I opine that their selecting skills might then let them know that I'm not the best choice for their victim but rather I might in fact be their Huckleberry.

I have no evidence to back this up, because it's hard to prove what doesn't happen that you can see.
    I like your style, Wildcat

To All,

My new Shield 9mm.

yours, satx
    "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast