Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi.. New to this site, but have been shootin and castin for quite a while. Nice to know that there are other casters here in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Hi.. New to this site, but have been shootin and castin for quite a while. Nice to know that there are other casters here in the west.
    Hello,

Yep, there a few of us here.

welcome silverbullet, lots of knowledge and help here for the askin, i just started smelting and will cast shortly, for now trying to collect all the lead i can ...but have been shooting, smithing, reloading for longer than i care to admit, anything i can help with, just ask away...tx

Hello TxSnowman.
    Last time I spoke with you was over on surplusrifleforum.
    I just found this forum recently, thus why I am tardy to this post.

I have been casting for the past 6 years now.
    I cast for all of my pistol calibers except for .22 and almost all of my rifle calibers.
    If you want more input on casting I can also help.

Reading through this thread I see you are searching for lead.
    Randmplumbingllc hit the nail on the head on searching range berms with a shovel and a screed.
    Lowes sells has a metallic mesh for office air conditioner vents. They cost like 5 bucks.
    Grab your shovel and head out to the desert and look for places where people might shoot. Google maps might even help.
    Find a berm and start digging and use your converted screed to pick out the lead.

If you go to the local gun shows there is a guy that always sets up on the left hand side once you enter the main room.
    He sells magazines, ammo boxes, and bayonets... I know you have seen him.
    At the last show he was selling huge 25 lb rails of linotype for $30!
    I bought out what he had in wheel weight ingots, and I bought one of the three rails he had.
    Linotype casts an excellent .309 bullet and when cut in half with WW produces a 9mm and .452 bullet that will not lead up my pistol barrels.
    "Never surrender your weapon to anyone who desires to see you defenseless and dependent upon the establishment for your well being." - ME!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12