Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good point about ELP being a fairly quiet place to live but i think this is slowly changing. Our last few administrations have been trying to get ELP to have more of an urban feel. The westside/downtown have a vibrant nightlife (booze) and more trendy restaurants are cropping up all over the place. Good or bad depends on ones age and perspective.
    When I get a chance I'll try to post some ELP pictures. Pretty dusty around here but not too bad looking.
    Ab Absurdo

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzman View Post
    As for me, I take Pellicano as far east as possible until it turns into a dirt road. Once that dusty road ends I take a left (north) and get to my spot near a large sink hole/crater on the left beyond the Transmission lines. You can't miss it since there is a large hill/berm off to the left about a 100 yds.
    Is this the spot, marked with the red arrow? If so, that would be really convenient as my brother lives in that area and wants to take my nephew shooting.

That is where I go.
    For me it is the perfect place to shoot all calibers. The crater is full of targets for pistols, the hill is great for clay pigeons, and the dirt road heading out to the west is great for rifles. I have taken the time to stack tires into targets marking off the 300 and 150 yard for paper and/or steel targets. I get almost all of my brass here as it is a very popular spot for other shooters.
    "Never surrender your weapon to anyone who desires to see you defenseless and dependent upon the establishment for your well being." - ME!

Excellent! My nephew has long expressed an interest in going shooting with his gun nut uncle, but mom has put the kabosh on it till recently. I got through to her when I said that curiosity was better scratched safely with me to show him proper firearms handling vs risk him running across a gun at a friends house or something and satisfy his curiosity the dangerous way. Thanks Ozz.

Range day in El Paso?

I am out there every Sunday morning shooting something or practicing a drill.
    "Never surrender your weapon to anyone who desires to see you defenseless and dependent upon the establishment for your well being." - ME!

Quote Originally Posted by angel71rs View Post
    Is this the spot, marked with the red arrow? If so, that would be really convenient as my brother lives in that area and wants to take my nephew shooting.

I made left when the dirt road begins, I then drove about 1/2 mile and the dirt trail barely fit my car and garbage everywhere. There must be several hundreds of truck tires dumped and other garbage. I got that uncomfortable felling and turned around and came back.
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Life Member
    USPSA Life Member
    Texas LTC Instructor

Since the 1970s, I've always been going out to "Red Sands" way out on Montana Ave. (aka: Carlsbad Hwy).

Still do today.

Just watch out for the 4-Wheelers and ATV-ers out there also...my electronic ear muffs ("Walker Alpha 360") help locate their whereabouts as you'll likely hear them way before seeing them. ;-)

-- BR
    Last edited by BillRedding; 01-30-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    I made left when the dirt road begins, I then drove about 1/2 mile and the dirt trail barely fit my car and garbage everywhere. There must be several hundreds of truck tires dumped and other garbage. I got that uncomfortable felling and turned around and came back.
    You must have gone left wrong. Go all the way down pelicano. Bumpy dirt road comes to a fork. Go left road is big enough for three lane road. It is bumpy as well. Ruts dug out from 18 wheelers. Go past the electrical line road about a mile. You will see the white hill to the left. Yes that road is narrow but only for a couple hundred feet. The big pit has tons of junk people shoot at. Nothing to get spooked about.
    Hello, I just moved to EP Far East area three weeks ago. I am interested to either join a club or find a nearby area (Far East) where I can set up steel targets and IDPA targets for CHL pistol draw practices. Thanks.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Sorry, I mean Far East of El Paso.
    Beaumont is about as far east of El Paso as you can get and still stay in Texas. (sorry couldn't stop myself)
    Tactical may not always be practical, but practical is always tactical.
    I'd rather be right than politically correct!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast