Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Have decided that in the future, I'll hire it being moved, learned my lesson the hard way. Early March of last year as I was preparing to move from Vegas back to Texas, I took it upon myself to move my small four gun Liberty safe with a traditional loading dolly. I had done it that way a couple of times before several years earlier. Did ok getting it out of the walk in closet, but as I went to move it out to the garage, I felt like something in my back ripped. Hired out the rest of the moving as I was totally down for a couple of weeks. Two doctor visits and xrays over the next six month period, I'm told I have arthritis, and not that bad for my age. Now after a year plus of slow healing of what I have been convinced was my spine being slightly out of alignment, and pressure on a nerve, I had a CT scan done two weeks ago for a cardiology and vein exam and as a note at the end of the report it mentioned that I show a "healed over" fracture in two vertebrae, one in the area I felt the ripping sensation.
    USAF, Retired: Life Member: VFW, DVA, VVA, VSPA, TSNA, NRA
    T
    hen said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

INDIANA, Hoosier National Forrest, INDIANA
    I've just cardboard to slide on carpet. I've use a good dolly. I've used lots of guys. Up stairs, down stairs. I've use carpet to slide it on wood floors.

I LIKE those ideas on the first page, golf balls and soft balls. I'm going to have to remember that. I've got a bucket full of hard baseballs already.

Removing the door helps

I work for this company, but this is the sort of thing our product is good for.

http://www.uship.com/furniture -- I know it says furniture, but you can just list it as a safe.

for those of you that keep your gun safes in the garage - is humidity ever an issue taht causes the guns to rust faster?

No.
    Just because the answer is simple does not mean itís not the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by dtownmj View Post
    for those of you that keep your gun safes in the garage - is humidity ever an issue taht causes the guns to rust faster?
    I always kept a Golden Rod in mine. My reloading stuff would rust up pretty quickly if I left it in my garage so I didn't go without it.
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

Tag

appliance dolly is what i used.
    Jay Wiggins

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345