Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Sweet, I'll have to measure the battery tray on the LCG kit. Thinking it's a little shorter for some reason.

Finally got some n00b jump video. Only have one GoPro (on long term loan) so I was forced to play...I mean, work on it for a full battery to get shots from different angle.

No big air, but enough to start learning to fly the truck and not risk major damage from landing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wanna shoot farther

i just checked, 2 of them are longer and narrower, not by much. Same capacity.

gotta get those vids uploaded

I hope to get some time to test out my port work on my nitro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks like my dual battery setup will be a little too long for the tray.

Gonna work on the vid today, lots of editing to do.

I wanna shoot farther

Editing kinda sucks, oh well.

I wanna shoot farther

needs music. like lounge music or maybe kenny g

oh, and KILLER zip line!!

Kids got the zip line from my mom for Christmas. It's been a big hit.

I thought about music but tend to be terrible at choosing it and when I do find something I either get the video locked or have the sound removed by YT for copyright infringement...

I wanna shoot farther

Just going over the truck I noticed the read axles are really taking a beating. Probably a combination of 3S and the sharp angle at the U joints with it sitting high.

Gonna drop it back down and swap them (left to right, vice versa) to keep them going until they get upgraded.

I wanna shoot farther

when they go, look into either Hot Racing or MIP. I know MIP are pricey, but they are supposedly indestructible.
    HR are also pricey, and carry a 50% replacement program for life. I have snapped a few in my ECXs.

Hell, Traxxas might make a HD version.

My first revo has stock plastic, holding up fine. They're like 1/2 hollow slip tubes.
    My new "old" Revo has steel HD, which are probably 1/8" thick. Weird. Nitro also is much more for giving than electric.

These aren't actually twisting at the shaft, it seems fine from what I can tell. It's the U joints that are going. I really think the hard angle I had in them put a lot more stress. Happens a lot on real trucks too when lifted.

MIP is what I was looking at. $50 for a rear set, front looks like it's doing fine, not really showing any signs of wear. I got the same description of MIP when looking online, "indistructable". The downside was that they are supposed to be fairly heavy. I will look at the HR also. I believe Traxxas considers the standard shafts to be heavy duty. Didn't see any difference in what Traxxas offers and what's on it.

It's actually twisting the knuckles on the Ujoint. Pretty sure I know which battery is doing it. I have a 20C that's pulling the front up when punched and a 30C that doesn't. Same specs otherwise. I can see why HobbyPeople never got mainstream...Eflight batteries are not well received and this one is beating a HP battery with a 50% higher C rating. Think I've pushed the HP battery for a while though so it may not be real fair.

Going ahead with my parallel battery harness. I have a couple small 2S I can put together and test out. If they hold up it will give me another option to drive a little longer between charging. Will be the equivalent of a 2600mah 20C.

I wanna shoot farther

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast