Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Ah. Didn't think it would have much effect with holes in the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wanna shoot farther

yeah, I didn't know/think until I did it. softens them up quite a bit.

i forget what size bit I used... not super tiny though.
    Alternatively you could cut little slits, but I felt slits would tear over time. I guess you could always superglue them afterwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I plugged up one vent and let them sit with the other vent at the bottom. Every so often I went through all the tires and squeezed them real quick blowing out the water that collected.

If I loose the foams I may just plug the holes and let them be inflated tires, lol. Gonna switch over to badlands or Trenchers anyways before too long. Badlands grip better on anything soft, trenchers last longer and are less likely to cause a traction roll. Probably go with Trenchers.

Or I may do the acetone thing and strip all the chrome from the wheels and paint them flat black, then mount some new tires on them. Maybe do some SC Trenchers and have another set of Badlands on 2.8 wheels for those times when it's just nasty out.

I wanna shoot farther

Got all my bearings cleaned and lived except the from diff and motor. It's weird that all the bearings at the back would barely turn, those in the from carriers were a little rough and those in the diff don't feel bad at all. Seems the rear bearings take a lot more abuse and get more crud in them. Gonna do the front diff anyways, and go ahead and hit the motor bearings since they spin faster than any others on the truck.

Good practice. It's supposed to rain this weekend so I'm sure they'll be trashed again, lol. I'll get to see if using grease pays off or backfires. I'm thinking it will be good in water and terrible in dust.

I wanna shoot farther

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031