Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_from_Texas View Post
    Nope don't like it one bit. We don't need the Fed involved in this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There is fear and trepidation no? I would lean on leaving it to the states as a states rights issue (from what authority do they get to regulate carry exactly?).

NY with the NRA fought their laws right up to a pro gun SCOTUS, they refused to hear the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoil45,

Give us a couple more PRO-2nd Amendment Justices on The High Court & "we'll see".
    (Even the leftist DIMocRATS believe that there will be another 2-3 vacancies on the SCOTUS in the next 4-8 years.)

yours, satx
    "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

We did not have a "pro gun" SCOTUS. We were at best an even split on gun issues. Certainly, the SCOTUS not taking a case may have been the best outcome we could have gotten. Better to not have the case ruled on than have it go against us.

Tcruse,

Pardon me for pointing out that the "main-SLIME media", the DIMocRATS "leadership" & the "anti-2nd Amendment morons" certainly believed that the SCOTUS was "pro-gun". = HELLER made the left even more HYSTERICAL, UNHINGED & LOONY than they usually are.

yours, satx
    Last edited by satx78247; 01-11-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican_Hippie View Post
    Not crazy about the Feds passing any laws regulating weapons or carry. Period. It's not their job.

They need to repeal all Federal guns laws.
    Actually, their SOLE job is to protect the rights of their citizens. I believe this qualifies.

https://primarylineoffire.com/

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Tcruse View Post
    We did not have a "pro gun" SCOTUS. We were at best an even split on gun issues. Certainly, the SCOTUS not taking a case may have been the best outcome we could have gotten. Better to not have the case ruled on than have it go against us.
    They were pro gun enough to give us Heller and McDonald which were the biggest 2nd amendment victories in our life time.

Quote Originally Posted by satx78247 View Post
    Recoil45,

Give us a couple more PRO-2nd Amendment Justices on The High Court & "we'll see".
    (Even the leftist DIMocRATS believe that there will be another 2-3 vacancies on the SCOTUS in the next 4-8 years.)

yours, satx
    We could have several openings in 8 years. Then another 2-3 years to get a case up to that level and another year to get the results. So while it's certainly possible it's a long ways out. This bill could solve a lot of issues within 12 months.

Recoil45,

YEP. But it may be one year or less, too.

yours, satx
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

After the 20th the door is open for Thomas to retire and I suspect he will when the dust settles from replacing Scalia. At this point Ginsberg will hold on as long as she can. Any others rumored to want to go? Replacing Scalia and Thomas only preserves existing balance (I hope).

It will be an arduous process. I pity the nominees. It will make Borks hearing look like a Girl scout meeting.
    Last edited by Brian C; Yesterday at 06:04 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123