Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    I have a H&K P9S that's a safe queen. About the only part on it that will fail is the buffer & there are aftermarket buffers available.
    The P9S is another one I'd like to have, but would be totally a safe queen. It's cute when the kids these days think Glock invented the polymer, striker fired pistol.

The P7's if you shoot them much seem to break sear levers/transmission levers and firing pin bushings. I've got one of each of those, I will probably pick uo a set of springs, and an extractor/drop safety lever.

My gun was purchased new in Germany, sent back to the factory in 87 for the drop safety upgrade, test fired there, and then stuck in the german guy's safe. The gentleman in Dallas I got it from, had it imported from Germany. The manual is in german only. I think that's kind of cool.

Ever since see a suppressed P9S in "To Live & Die In L.A." I have wanted to suppress mine. The way it's done is a threading the inside of the barrel instead of the outside. For that reason i doubt I would ever go through with it unless I found another barrel.
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

It's just such a great looking pistol. A few pictures from the seller, since his photography skills are 10,000x better than mine.

Not shooting a gun is like having a hot wife you aint boinking, or a pick up truch that you never hauled anything in. People told me I was nuts to shoot my new burst marked Colt M16A2. Shooting it has given me lots of happiness!
    same page, same boat, 100% agree
    "I got blood who ain't family, and I got family who ain't blood"

Not shooting a gun is like having a hot wife you aint boinking, or a pick up truch that you never hauled anything in. People told me I was nuts to shoot my new burst marked Colt M16A2. Shooting it has given me lots of happiness!

Lol, The next guy who does. Will appreciate how pristine you kept it for him.

Wear the HK out. Use it like the tool is was meant to be. The museum can display the pretty stuff. You?, enjoy yours.

Make it a permanent gun. Unless your kids sell it across your casket. It'll never be for sale.
    Last edited by grasshopperglock; 12-24-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    Winter Moon

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopperglock View Post
    Lol, The next guy who does. Will appreciate how pristine you kept it for him.

Wear the HK out. Use it like the tool is was meant to be. The museum can display the pretty stuff. You?, enjoy yours.

Make it a permanent gun. Unless your kids sell it across your casket. It'll never be for sale.
    I will defiantly shoot it, I didn't buy it as an investment or collectable. I'll probably get it refinished in BlackT or something, and carry it now and again.

The part in Bold was the plan all along. I've got plenty of plastic pistols, but only two (including this one) all steel handguns. I'll keep this one, pass it down to the kids. If they don't want it, thats up to them.

With her much younger sibling.

I'd get a total beater PSP to carry & shoot the hell out of. No need to refinish a beater and it should shoot just as well as the M8.

Quote Originally Posted by grumper View Post
    I'd get a total beater PSP to carry & shoot the hell out of. No need to refinish a beater and it should shoot just as well as the M8.
    I've got a ton of training time with, and I've been carrying a USP compact or P series variant for the last 12 years, so the paddle magazine release is pretty solid muscle memory for me. That's why I went with the M8 over the PSP. The PSP is probably a better carry gun, and it's a bunch cheaper. But I'm on autopilot with the paddle magazine releases now.

I you bought it for an investment, then don't fire it. But, if you bought it for yourself and don't really have any intentions of getting rid of it, then of course you'll want to shoot it. The value may go down for someone else, but the value to you can appreciate.

By the way, NICE!
    I don't pack looking for trouble, I pack in case trouble comes looking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I'll shoot it, I just have convince myself. but I know it will happen, soon.
    See that P.38? I don't shoot it often, but hell yeah I do shoot it. And last time I've seen a price tag on one, it was literally five times as much as I paid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast