Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Was your P38 basically in an unfired condition when you bought it?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I will defiantly shoot it, I didn't buy it as an investment or collectable. I'll probably get it refinished in BlackT or something, and carry it now and again.

The part in Bold was the plan all along. I've got plenty of plastic pistols, but only two (including this one) all steel handguns. I'll keep this one, pass it down to the kids. If they don't want it, thats up to them.

With her much younger sibling.

I took a no longer imported, mint, Stainless USP. Hand polished the slide and then sent it off to be Titanium nitrided'. She's polished gold now.

$1000 dollar pistol...

The models are scarce. It's a permanent gun. Already bequeved to my first born son. Whatever intrinsic market value it had was effected. However, the value of a family pass down is worth more.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Was your P38 basically in an unfired condition when you bought it?
    Well, that, not so much.

I gave it the once over today, lubed it up, and ordered some extra magazines (OUCH! but not that much more than other HK mags) and a holster. The next time I get to the range, I'm going to start getting acquainted with the way it shoots. I will probably add some night sights as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I gave it the once over today, lubed it up, and ordered some extra magazines (OUCH! but not that much more than other HK mags) and a holster. The next time I get to the range, I'm going to start getting acquainted with the way it shoots. I will probably add some night sights as well.
    Keep it original skip the night sights!
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Keep it original skip the night sights!
    If I decide not to carry it, I'll leave the sights alone. I view them as a requirement on a defensive handgun, however.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123