Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Tach View Post
    If wrong, please correct me.....

Typical entry alarm scenario:

Alarm triggered....30 second delay...time for the owner to disarm the system....if not disarmed it goes off....

1-2 minutes for the alarm company to call and ask for code word. if no answer or wrong code word....they call authorities....

Then response from law enforcement....

Bad guys are leaving or already gone by the time law enforcement is even notified....
    Commercial alarm procedure is usually different, especially for "high risk" businesses. If business is properly set with alarm monitoring company, alarm would sound instantly (motion sensors would not initiate a delay, but immediately set off alarm), panel would "dial out" to monitoring station, phone call would be made within 60 seconds to primary contact on account (special instructions can be set up to contact police dispatch first before verification, but false alarm fees can be outrageous so it's not always done and some police jurisdictions do not allow this policy), then phone call would be made to police dispatch to notify of alarm, dispatch notifies officer and they respond. Most major alarm companies can accomplish their part within 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    Interesting to look at the point of attack.

Cement Block.

Single row.

Truck makes a perfect entry hole.

No sign of re-bar set in the blocks, or any stand-off barrier.

Firearms were left in their display cases/racks.

In every high profile gun store burglary, this has been the case almost every time where the thieves by-pass the front doors. They gain access through the roof or bust through a wall.

If it is not possible for gun stores to put all their guns in a walk-in safe, then they should be smart enough to hire a Barney Fife and his partner Spot to watch over the premises until opening time.

Be well.
    Walk in safes to accommodate most gun store inventories are outrageously expensive, as is hiring on site security. Cheaper to pay insurance deductible than invest that kind of moolah, unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Our alarm is a no delay alarm and the police are notified before me. We have had 2 false alarms in 10 years. One of the benefits of living in a small town is the response time has been under 2 minutes......but still probably won't catch them in the act....

Purveyors of Fine Ballistic Therapy
    Aransas Firearms LLC
    Fulton Ordnance LLC

I screwed up the alarm at our office last week by hitting the wrong button on the keypad. 30 sec. later an audible alarm went off, 30 sec. later they called the office and asked me for a code word (which I either hadn't been given or forgot), told them my name and they said thanks. They then called the office manager and asked if I should be there and of course, he said yes. Seems a little loose in security to me, but, oh well. Not much to steal in there anyway.
    Just because the answer is simple does not mean itís not the answer!

South Houston police dept is 4 blocks away.....ballsy.

Crap. I liked going to that place too. The owner is a nice guy.

The crazy thing is that range/shop is literally about 200 yards from a police station.

That range has been there a long time. I shot my first CHL qualification there.
    "The surest protection against temptation is cowardice."

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post

If it is not possible for gun stores to put all their guns in a walk-in safe, then they should be smart enough to hire a Barney Fife and his partner Spot to watch over the premises until opening time.

Be well.
    That isn't really a feasible solution for most businesses.
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

Originally Posted by shortround

Want to know how I know that you have never priced either?
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dalai Lama

"I'd rather have a hog problem than an asshole problem "- TXARGUY

Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    Want to know how I know that you have never priced either?
    Beat me to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12