Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Have played bass (both upright and electric), five string banjo, and acoustic guitar professionally for over 50 years.

Owned and operated a recording studio in Houston (Heights Sound Studio) for 25 years, engineering and producing well over a hundred albums in all genre's from blues to rock, but mainly focusing on acoustic music the last ten years in the studio (Bluegrass, Folk, Old Time, Dawg, Gypsy Swing and Early Music). Also did a ton of live concert sound down through the years.

Most of the last 12 years has been spent playing bass in a couple of Texas Swing touring bands; primarily "The Wild River Band" (and old Web 1.0 website for sure, outdated but still online), although I've had to take the last year and a half off to recover from failed carpal tunnel surgery.

WRB has a couple of albums on itunes, which can also be heard on youtube.

Main axe for 40+ years is still my old '61 Fender Jazz, along with a Musican Man fretless. I played both through an old Ampeg SVT tube head until I got too old/tired to hump it; switched to a Gallien Kruger RB400, bi-amped to 2 10's and an 18, in a custom cabinet I built, for festival gigs; and for the smaller gigs, now pretty much just feed the house from a SansAmp DI, and run a Hartke 14/15 combo for a stage monitor ... much more portable for old bones.

Here's my '61 Jazz in action (you can see a part of the Hartke cab behind my right foot) ... if I somehow lost this axe, I'd probably hang it up:

Last edited by karlac; 01-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Karl...

Quote Originally Posted by deemus View Post
    I actually liked that alot, except for the singing part I couldn't understand.

I subscribed to your Youtube page.
    Thanks, my father always told me growing up "I like the music but that screaming is too much" it's not for everyone but I enjoy it.
    Marine Corps OEF Veteran
    Proud Texan, Born And Raised

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier1984 View Post
    I Do not have pics handy to post but I play guitar although I havent touched my guitars in about a year. Used to play in a band in FL Fort Myers area that was called Head Held High wrote originals but the band broke up years ago and never went anywhere. I have 4 guitars. Gibson Les Paul Standard, ESP LTD Cobweb. Epiphone electric acoustic and a Luna electric acoustic. I would like to play again but just haven't had the time and I don't know anyone in my area to just jam with.

Video of my old band
    https://youtu.be/iQUT2-OH5cA
    I dig it, this is one of my old bands called Cribwall Prison I played with when I was active duty stationed in California.

https://youtu.be/vIrxA2NF8uk
    Marine Corps OEF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TXDARKHORSE361 View Post
    I know there's gotta be a couple of us on here so how about a thread to network and talk gear, possibly find a jam buddy or a new band to support. Whether you play professionally or just dabble on your own say hey.

I'll kick it off, been playing for almost 15 years now started on trumpet in the school band and later picked up bass then made the switch to guitar a few years after. I've been in and out of many different bands of varying styles but currently playing in the metal band Bleed By Example.

My current rig:

Nice sharkfins. Love Jacksons. Had a few over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by brashears9567 View Post
    Nice sharkfins. Love Jacksons. Had a few over the years.
    I'm a big strat guy but there's just something about the Rhoads that put me in a happy spot.

Marine Corps OEF Veteran

My very humble setup

Effects

Amp

All get played

Real player

Brother-in-law bought it thinking he would learn, so I stole it from him

Little sister thought she was a pussycat doll, stole this one too

My absolute favorite, solid AAA (whatever that meant coming from Fender in 1990) spruce top, mahogany sides, rosewood fretboard. Sealed tuners, great bracing, excellent electronics, beautiful action. I'd challenge anyone to play it and say it doesn't play as well as any Martin, Taylor or Gibson - I'm biased, but I haven't played a newer Fender yet that plays like this gem.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."óJeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I used to play piano and alto sax when I was a teenager, but haven't touched an instrument since then. I'd like to get back into piano, but we don't have any room for even an upright.

Quote Originally Posted by deemus View Post
    I'm not great at playing, and may never be because I don't have the time to commit to playing in order to be really good. That, and I am not blessed with much musical tendencies. I have to work really hard to be almost mediocre.
    Been to many "local" shows? Almost mediocre talent hasn't stopped very many people in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by TXDARKHORSE361 View Post
    https://youtu.be/4-PONie1rew
    I like it!

Sax guy here. Alto and tenor. Play in a community college stage band (adult band, not students), and with a 60s style rock band at my church.

I also do audio engineering and am set up to record and master CDs. Also have access to a recording studio.
    USMC, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by hellishhorses View Post

Brother-in-law bought it thinking he would learn, so I stole it from him
    I have that same Squire, but the one with three pickups. Forgot about that one. My son has had it for year, he may think its his by now.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast