Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: REPEAL the NFA!

I guess many of y'all have forgotten who was president The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) when was signed into law?
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

Why would you guess that?

"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the land is not given by
    his father but is borrowed from his children." Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
    Why would you guess that?
    I just cannot believe that even with Trump as president that people would think those who are still in office when it was signed into law would think it would think the NFA would be repealed!
    Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!

I think attitudes are changing.
    Even in the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
    I think attitudes are changing.
    Even in the NRA.
    I'm not going to mention the name of the former NRA president that has an exstensive collection of machine guns, but I doubt that the NRA will come out in favor of totally repealing the full ban. To much money to be lost by to many rich folks!

Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    I'm not going to mention the name of the former NRA president that has an exstensive collection of machine guns, but I doubt that the NRA will come out in favor of totally repealing the full ban. To much money to be lost by to many rich folks!
    True.
    Another swamp that needs draining.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    I just cannot believe that even with Trump as president that people would think those who are still in office when it was signed into law would think it would think the NFA would be repealed!
    I don't typically see these petitions as a means for immediate change. I do view them as a message though.

I signed he secession petition for Texas knowing full well that it wasn't going to happen, but it had a ton of signatures and made it very clear to the representatives in DC that a very large number of Texans were extremely unhappy with the DC narrative.

This petition sends a strong message that a very large number of Americans want more freedom to own firearms of their choice, not less.

It may not be the tool some wish it to be, but it's still a tool that can be used to let the politicians know what we want.

And no, 200,000 is not a large percentage of the population. But when you take a look at other petitions, said the number of signatures they get for what would be considered a hot button issue, and compare those numbers vs other polls you can extrapolate how the number of signatures compares to national opinion.

So while I don't believe 200,000 signatures will lead to an immediate repeal, I do believe it will be an overall positive influence when it comes to 2A rights in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wanna shoot farther

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234