Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    TGT Supporter
    Looks nice!
    How were the winds? I see the daily advisories (and when it's chilly) and I'm like NOPE! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    Ugh. You are right. I need to take him to get checked. Sigh. I don't think they are even that great at finding it if it exists from what I read...
    aaaaaand. He has a swollen lymph node in neck. Took him to both his scheduled appointment to his immunologist (ocular) and regular med clinic doctor yesterday. So now he's both off his medication (Humira is linked with Lymphoma) and also per the medical doctor, we are just watching the lymph node to see what's next. No treatment or diagnosis for anything related to the tick bite/ potential Lyme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    Looks nice!
    How were the winds? I see the daily advisories (and when it's chilly) and I'm like NOPE! lol
    No wind on the Sunday hike. Went last night but the winds had died out by the time we got out. Clear night with a slight chill. Great view from the topClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1850.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	41472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	41473

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ab Absurdo

Oh, never mind.
    Last edited by Rebel; 03-01-2017 at 08:40 PM.

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk10100 View Post
    No wind on the Sunday hike. Went last night but the winds had died out by the time we got out. Clear night with a slight chill. Great view from the topClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1850.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	41472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	41473
    Gah, beautiful. You're making me want to get back out there. I just hit up GMNP in January for a quick day through Mckittrick. West Texas nights and mornings are memorable. Thanks for the pics

I just hit up GMNP in January for a quick day through Mckittrick.
    The colors in McKittrick are grand in the fall:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mcki...MyBUkQ_AUIBygC

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinN4 View Post
    The colors in McKittrick are grand in the fall:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mcki...MyBUkQ_AUIBygC

Oh man yeah. I bet that view up high is incredible. This fall I managed to see Lost Maples, it's known for its fall colors as well, just a little closer to me. The hardest part is getting time off from work - so much to do, so little time.

About McKittrick, anyone else stop by the Pratt Lodge? When I did I got this really creepy feeling I was being watched. I went up to the porch where they have a few rocking chairs you could sit in and take a load off. I barely touched my buns to the seat, didn't even scoot all the way back or even rock once before I hopped up because everything inside me said "No way! Abort! Leave!" I grabbed my pack and scooted. I just kept thinking 'people died there'

About McKittrick, anyone else stop by the Pratt Lodge? When I did I got this really creepy feeling I was being watched. I went up to the porch where they have a few rocking chairs you could sit in and take a load off. I barely touched my buns to the seat, didn't even scoot all the way back or even rock once before I hopped up because everything inside me said "No way! Abort! Leave!" I grabbed my pack and scooted. I just kept thinking 'people died there'
    So weird you wrote that. I did stop at the lodge but nothing happened there. However, later on up the trail past The Grotto and toward The Notch, when I was in the open I had the strong feeling I was being watched from the woods so so I turned around at that point and went back down trail to the McKittrick Visitor Center.

Two of my Boy Scouts and my husband hiked some beautiful country this weekend at Colorado Bend State Park. Pictures to come.

They had a lovely time until the last straw of years of drama happened when one of the other Scouts they have had a problem with (bullying, cliquey behavior) for a while got in my fifteen year old's face over who was cooking apparently. When my fifteen year old barked back a drop of spittle flew in this other boy's face and this boy slapped (!) my boy across the face hard as he could and then ran off while my shocked kid was figuring out what just the frick just happened right here and so my husband rounded the corner and was like we need to finish this messed up shit right here right now and told them all it's been the last straw in a long line of continual BS and F this and F all y'all and bye and I hope all this camping gear of yours that I hauled in my truck is gonna now fit in that Prius y'all got.

Sooooooo.... I guess he's not gonna be Scoutmaster any more. Oooops. Guess we are finally gonna move troops years after I've been saying that I'm tired of how things are going with this troop. Miserable for years there. Same group of boys calling my middle son 'fat' continually and my youngest mocked for not wearing expensive enough Nike's (!) and wearing military style clothes instead of sporto styles. My eldest needs to finish up Eagle but won't go around these boys whom he's told to their faces that he hates being around them because of how horribly they act. Another troop was there to see all this too. Told husband that they don't see how my middle son had that much restraint; but he said that by the time he figured out what just happened here and was just starting to make a fist when the kid scurried away that quick.

Longstanding problems have been addressed over and over and even got the committee chair involved. Never stops and then my boys don't take that shit and have talked shit back to the boys which was not appreciated as "inappropriate." Eldest says he can't be around them lest he lose his cool and risk assault charges, which he doesn't need to get.

I'm kind of glad it didn't get any more physical than that today (despite husband and son suggested to continue and settle it) and they left. I wasn't even there but now I need a drink.

Husband just just told me that middle son countered the slap with "is that all you got bitch?!" So at least he didn't cry. But damn.

here is pix:

Last edited by Wildcat Diva; 03-18-2017 at 11:28 PM.

I hiked a little over 5 miles yesterday with a buddy. The weather was great.
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345