Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member General Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,044
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...
















    I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kneel, son of Jor-El! KNEEL before ZOD!!!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...
















    I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.
    I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.

  3. #23
    Bowling-Pin Commando Hoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mustang Ridge
    Posts
    5,360
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

    9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dalai Lama

    "I'd rather have a hog problem than an asshole problem "- TXARGUY

  4. #24
    Senior Member TreyG-20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.
    Kneel before Zod!
    U.S. Army OIF Veteran 63B
    Texas National Guard 91B
    NRA Life Of Duty Member

  5. #25
    Doer of Deeds Younggun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    hill co.
    Posts
    43,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

    9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.

    I'll have you know I was drunk when I loaded that ammo, NOT hungover.
    I wanna shoot farther


  6. #26
    Senior Member General Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by TxStetson View Post
    I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.
    Yeah, the whole story is a tale of casual trolling on my favorite message board.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kneel, son of Jor-El! KNEEL before ZOD!!!

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    15
    if it's a 7.62 bullet stuck in the bore, you wont get it out with a wooden dowel. You'll need a hunk of drill rod that's a close slip fit in the bore, only 2-3" longer than the barrel with a concavity it it's leading end for the bullet. REALLY try to get the barrel out of the gun, wear a face mask and gloves for this and let the penetrating oil sit in the barrel, with a cotton patch under the chamber, until you see signs of oil on the patch (muzzle up of course) probably be an overnight process. Dont use a steel hammer anywhere around a gun muzzle. Use a mallet or hunk of hardwood, so you dont ding the barrel's crown. Having a smith recrown it will cost you $50.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Texas Gun Talk

    Texas Gun Talk is the most active and largest Texas gun forum on the net. Be sure to check out our gun classifieds, political, and hometown sections.

Quick Links

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube google+

Back to Top