Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...

I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kneel, son of Jor-El! KNEEL before ZOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...

I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.
    I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.

I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dalai Lama

"I'd rather have a hog problem than an asshole problem "- TXARGUY

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Kneel before Zod!
    U.S. Army OIF Veteran 63B
    Texas National Guard 91B
    NRA Life Of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.

I'll have you know I was drunk when I loaded that ammo, NOT hungover.
    I wanna shoot farther

Quote Originally Posted by TxStetson View Post
    I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.
    Yeah, the whole story is a tale of casual trolling on my favorite message board.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kneel, son of Jor-El! KNEEL before ZOD!!!

Banned
    if it's a 7.62 bullet stuck in the bore, you wont get it out with a wooden dowel. You'll need a hunk of drill rod that's a close slip fit in the bore, only 2-3" longer than the barrel with a concavity it it's leading end for the bullet. REALLY try to get the barrel out of the gun, wear a face mask and gloves for this and let the penetrating oil sit in the barrel, with a cotton patch under the chamber, until you see signs of oil on the patch (muzzle up of course) probably be an overnight process. Dont use a steel hammer anywhere around a gun muzzle. Use a mallet or hunk of hardwood, so you dont ding the barrel's crown. Having a smith recrown it will cost you $50.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123