Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a 660 that I have had since the 60s and a local gun smith sent it in for me about 6yrs ago and they fixed it at no cost then.

TM

I was at Academy today and there was a guy buying a R51 and the counter guys were raving about Remington products and how great a pistol the R51 is. Couldn't help but to chuckle.

When the NRA convention was last in Houston (3 or 4 years ago?), I was talking to the Remington guys and mentioned that I had a 700 BDL with the trigger problem. They told me that they would happily fix it for free. Nope, I sold it - after getting a gunsmith to work on the trigger.

Randomly, it would fire when you took off the safety. Unfortunately, on the 700 you have to take off the safety to unload the rifle.

Buy Savage and don't worry about this kind of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wanna shoot farther

Quote Originally Posted by Younggun View Post
    Buy Savage and don't worry about this kind of shit.
    Truth! I am done with Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Well damn, how can you expect the aggrieved customers to get much when the plaintiffs' attorneys get to skim $12.5 million off the top?!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...ent/ar-AAolZSC
    Generally this is how class action suits work. Heck a lot of cases where lawyers take it on without payment is lieu of a % of the settlement work out like that.

The lawyers will profit the most from many civil cases.

I have received checks from Homeowner's ins. companies after a class action lawsuit. I didn't do anything except get a check in the mail for being an insured during the period of controversy.
    I got online and read that the people got between 35 and 200 dollars but the attorneys for the plaintiffs got MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I was apparently 'wronged' but the attorneys got the money???? WTF???

bob

Welcome to America. Lawyers always get the bigger cuts.

I worked at a plant that used to get sued frequently. Lawyers would troll for neighbors to be the plaintiff (you have to have "standing", that is to say, you have to live in the neighborhood and have the potential to be affected.) Every so often there would be a case for air pollution or noise or smell or just damn near anything. The lawyers typically get 40% plus all of their expenses. If it goes to appeal, then get an additional 20% plus their costs. Costs? Every pencil they buy will be tracked and billed. By the time any money is collected, the best the plaintiff could expect was maybe 5 cents on the dollar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12