Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBEIII

SBEIII

has anyone had the opportunity to try out the new Benelli SBEIII?

Im in the market and i think i want to get rid of a couple shotguns to upgrade to this. Been doing alot of dove and duck hunting and over the past year i was using my CZ redhead O/A for dove, and Franchi auto loader for Duck. with a half a dozen clay rounds in with the CZ, and a half a dozen or so duck hunts i feel my accuracy suffered due to the differences between the two (atleast thats what im telling the wife...). Both guns shoot well for what they are and i never had any issues, im just ready for a change.

long story short, i want to part with both and move into the the SBEIII. Thoughts? Is it worth going with the 3 over the 2?

TGT Supporter
    I'm very curious about the III as well. I've hunted with my SBEII for about 12 years, and I can't imagine any shotgun serving me better. In my book, it's perfect and lacks absolutely nothing. From the literature I've read (more like briefly scanned), I didn't see anything on the III that makes me want to run out and get one to replace my II. I'm doubting anyone here has any experience with the III yet, being it's so new, and I've not seen the II mentioned very often.
    -Pete
    Greyhound Station, Downtown Houston

I love my SBE II and will probably never stop using it.

If I was shopping now I would get the II or the III. I haven't seen much to imply the III has much over the II really.

I wondered why the Vinci "Magnum" or whatever (3 1/2") was brought out with the SBE line doing so well.

I am guessing the SBE III is just an effort to push that line again but there really isn't much hoopla about it.
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

i can understand that. i was able to get out to bass pro over lunch to shoulder a new SBEIII. its certainly lighter and grips better. the foregrip is smaller as well as the pistol grip area. overall i felt it had better ergonomics. would it matter in a duck blind, and is it worth a couple hundred dollars more? Who knows. I see that Field and Stream are offering SBEII's for $1199!

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pjl169 View Post
    i can understand that. i was able to get out to bass pro over lunch to shoulder a new SBEIII. its certainly lighter and grips better. the foregrip is smaller as well as the pistol grip area. overall i felt it had better ergonomics. would it matter in a duck blind, and is it worth a couple hundred dollars more? Who knows. I see that Field and Stream are offering SBEII's for $1199!
    F&S is owned by Dick's. They can suck the shit out of my asshole.
    -Pete

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pjl169 View Post
    I actually prefer thicker grips. I really like the feel of my SBE II.

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawico View Post
    I actually prefer thicker grips. I really like the feel of my SBE II.
    If I could change one thing on my SBEII, it would be a slightly thicker fore end. Lol
    -Pete

so whats the deal? Are you guys jumping at the chance to get the new SBE or are you content with the 2?

I am happy with my 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast