Exclamation Walther CCP recall notice Mar 20 2017

Re: Important Safety Recall – MARCH 2017 Walther CCP Pistols
    Walther Arms has identified a potential condition in Walther CCP pistols that could potentially cause it to discharge if dropped whether the manual safety is engaged (on) or disengaged (off). The safety of our customers is our paramount concern so we have voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a drop-fire occurring.
    Please do not load or fire your Walther CCP pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have your pistol upgraded free of charge.

http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall/#

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
    Re: Important Safety Recall – MARCH 2017 Walther CCP Pistols
    Walther Arms has identified a potential condition in Walther CCP pistols that could potentially cause it to discharge if dropped whether the manual safety is engaged (on) or disengaged (off). The safety of our customers is our paramount concern so we have voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a drop-fire occurring.
    Please do not load or fire your Walther CCP pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have your pistol upgraded free of charge.

http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall/#

Thanks. I bought one of these from a member here and will need to do the recall. How were you notified?

Quote Originally Posted by 35Remington View Post
    Thanks. I bought one of these from a member here and will need to do the recall. How were you notified?
    It was posted on the Walther forums this morning. And since I'm not a mindless fanboy, I'll share bad news as well as good experiences

Quote Originally Posted by 35Remington View Post
    Mirror image for me...I sold mine to a neighbor and need to let him know of the recall. I don't check the Walther forums since I sold my last Walther.(Graple CCP...cool pistol!)

I was about to buy one, went with PPS instead... Dodged that bullet

Much better buy. The CCP doesn't make any sense next to the PPS.