Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zincwarrior View Post
    Considering the Republicans just elected a Democrat for Pres I'd say both parties are changing.

Its ok, the same guys continue to control things.
    More like we elected a populist for President, but governing as a Conservative. The Oval Office always changes the man sitting in it. Even Obama changed early on in his first term before going back to his core beliefs and ideology during his second term.

I think you're using the term governing...loosely.

I will however agree with you 100% on the populist part. Reality has torn aside a lot of that populism as more smoke than anything.
    Last edited by zincwarrior; 04-19-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Moonpie,

WELL SAID. = The DIMocRATS are "cruising for a bruising", in that they have lurched so far to the RADICAL LEFT that the party is in danger of becoming IRRELEVANT & a PERMANENT MINORITY.
    (In 2017, the DIMocRATS wouldn't accept FDR, TRUMAN, JFK and/or JOHNSON as "ordinary members", much less have ever nominated any of the 4 former Presidents.)

As just one example, spending 8-9 MILLION dollars (mostly from leftist groups from outside of GA) to try to "flip" a GOP seat in a suburban Atlanta Congressional district was an utter FLOP.

yours, satx
    "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Good article

I can see this coming, but first let us take care of the crazies before it happens NK, and Iran. I don't see any good coming out of these places. Perhaps that may even unite the country and some of this craziness will stop between the snowflakes and us. Draft all those sob's and make real people out of them instead of just whining little brats.
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    I can see this coming, but first let us take care of the crazies before it happens NK, and Iran.
    Why? These are not compelling US interests. Thats just condemning tens or hundreds of thousands of Americans to die in two bit shit holes for nothing.

Is Who's Got Survivor Talent Voice still on the TV?
    A/C still working?
    Kroger open?
    Ain't nobody gonna do shit.
    Shiver me timbers!

Quote Originally Posted by zincwarrior View Post
    Why? These are not compelling US interests. Thats just condemning tens or hundreds of thousands of Americans to die in two bit shit holes for nothing.
    Zinc, I mean no disrespect but have you not pay attention to what has been happening in the world in the last 15 years? Since when is allowing a madman to gain the ability to hit the west coast of the US with a nuclear weapon not in our interest? And why would it not be in our interest to work to keep either NK or Iran in gaining or using nuclear weapons on one of Allies (ie: Japan, Israel)? Words have meaning. What have the leaders of NK and Iran been saying and threatening for the last 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    Zinc, I mean no disrespect but have you not pay attention to what has been happening in the world in the last 15 years? Since when is allowing a madman to gain the ability to hit the west coast of the US with a nuclear weapon not in our interest? And why would it not be in our interest to work to keep either NK or Iran in gaining or using nuclear weapons on one of Allies (ie: Japan, Israel)? Words have meaning. What have the leaders of NK and Iran been saying and threatening for the last 15 years?
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    I can see this coming, but first let us take care of the crazies before it happens NK, and Iran. I don't see any good coming out of these places. Perhaps that may even unite the country and some of this craziness will stop between the snowflakes and us. Draft all those sob's and make real people out of them instead of just whining little brats.
    I assume that you don't have a child in the US military. Don't volunteer mine for an unnecessary war unless yours is beside him.

If you do have a kid in the military, you have my apology, but I still disagree with you.
    Hope and Change = Bait and Switch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast