Reloading 7.62 x 39 for Bolt Rifles

I came across this article and thought there might be someone that might benefit from it.

http://rifleshooter.com/2017/04/relo...50-gr-bullets/

I have a CZ 527 carbine...nice little rifle. I've never handloaded for it....but the article does get one thinking....

Thanks for posting this...

Purveyors of Fine Ballistic Therapy
    Aransas Firearms LLC
    Fulton Ordnance LLC

I like those Yugo SKS rifles with the grenade launcher. In fact, I won first and second place awards in NRA 200 yard competition with one of those rifles using steel cased ammo! The rifle was stock except for a re-rigging of the sling so it attached from the bottom instead of the side of the rifle.

I bought new brass and some 123 grain bullets to hand load for that same rifle. The YUGO has a gas shutoff valve and the plan was to shut down the gas system and to single fire the rifle with good ammo. Hurricane IKE wrecked our range in Beaumont and my house. It stopped my hopes to compete with that system.

In the steel cased ammo, the projectile is the limiting factor. In the hollow point bullets, you can put a probe pretty far down down the hollow point hole and the construction appears to be a small, stubby, metal core covered by a thin metal shell. The entire forward part of the bullet is an unsupported thin shell! That must suck for accuracy!

I just checked, and found 7.62x39 dies, 200 new Winchester brass, 200 Winchester and 200 Midway 123 grain bullets in the storage cabinet so the potential for a neat project is still there!

Keep posting, it's very interesting! Maybe you'll get me moving again............ snicker!

Flash
    Last edited by ROGER4314; 04-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    You gotta die of something.....it may as well be something that you like!

My missing album is back! Thanks, guys! You can still access the photos by clicking this link:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...h-how-how.html

Flash has 11 positive feedback scores but the system ate them and they are gone without a trace!