Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'd like the illuminated reticle but the PST is almost double in cost. I got a old PWA preban lower AR receiver from my first AR back the early 90's. I figure I sell it on AR15.com for $850 to someone in a banned state and get the PST.

Update on my vortex HST scope, sometime yesterday received an email that its on its way back with tracking number. Today received an email that they received it. I think their warranty repair department is too fast for their incoming shipment stuff lol.

called vortex to see what the issue was. The scope tube was bent. how the hell does that happen?!?!

They sent a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier1984 View Post
    called vortex to see what the issue was. The scope tube was bent. how the hell does that happen?!?!

They sent a replacement
    Rings are too tight is what they told me. There should be a letter in with the scope.
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

To ensure I am going to use my torque screw driver its inch lbs, to make sure I torque it properly and get different rings. I think they said 16 inch lbs when I called but please if anyone knows exactly that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier1984 View Post
    To ensure I am going to use my torque screw driver its inch lbs, to make sure I torque it properly and get different rings. I think they said 16 inch lbs when I called but please if anyone knows exactly that would be great.
    This is what I use and go with. Those are probably #6 screws.

Got the replacement scope in today started mounting and leveling it and the damn reticle is about 8 degrees off counter clockwise GRRRR have to send it back yet again.

Finally got the scope back (2nd time around) a few days ago and got it mounted and zeroed at 100 yards. I have it hitting dead center at 100 yards. For a 200 yard zero on the scope (its on a 24 inch barrel savage 308 and I only use hornady match hpbt 168 gr rounds) how low do I want the impact point at 100 yards from my point of aim?. If it matters I have a 20 moa rail.

I keep a 100 yards zero, know my point of impact for 2, 3, and 400 yards, and adjust the turrets for anything beyond that.

From 100 to 200 yards is only a couple inches different.

I use the free version of Strelok to get my adjustments and am very happy with it.

.308 168gr HPBT zero'd at 100yds will be approx 1.6" low at 200yds. You would need to come up 3 clicks which = 1.5" at 200yds and would make you 3/4" high at 100yds. That's if your scope is 1 click = 1/4 MOA or to say it differently 1MOA = 4 clicks.
    1MOA= 1in at 100yds 1MOA= 2in at 200yds 1MOA= 3in at 300yds

TM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123