Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Ok I shot it some more just now and here's what I noticed
    1. It double fed on the aluminum mag but never on the pmag
    2. The shells flew a foot away at 3:00
    3. I saw markings on the shell rim where the extractor was
    4. Shot American eagle .223
    @bozzman it was 55gr. Vmax


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    What brand aluminum mag was it?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by james.long48 View Post
    What brand aluminum mag was it?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    ASC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Moderator Vaquero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    25,259
    Dirty chamber.
    Bushmaster, by chance?


    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the land is not given by
    his father but is borrowed from his children." Audubon

  5. #15
    Senior Member Dawico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lampasas, Texas
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by sobi1998 View Post
    Ok I shot it some more just now and here's what I noticed
    1. It double fed on the aluminum mag but never on the pmag
    2. The shells flew a foot away at 3:00
    3. I saw markings on the shell rim where the extractor was
    4. Shot American eagle .223
    @bozzman it was 55gr. Vmax


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it ran fine with the Pmag? No issues at all?
    When it is time to bury them it is time to dig them up.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawico View Post
    So it ran fine with the Pmag? No issues at all?
    For the amount I shot, yes. I only shot about 10 rounds with the pmag


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Member Ozzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    One more thought, check the gas key on top the BCG and make sure it's not loose.
    ^^^This
    "Never surrender your weapon to anyone who desires to see you defenseless and dependent upon the establishment for your well being." - ME!

  8. #18
    Senior Member ed308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by sobi1998 View Post
    Ok I shot it some more just now and here's what I noticed
    1. It double fed on the aluminum mag but never on the pmag
    2. The shells flew a foot away at 3:00
    3. I saw markings on the shell rim where the extractor was
    4. Shot American eagle .223
    @bozzman it was 55gr. Vmax


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Sounds like you found the problem. You can round the corners off of the extractor with a Dremel Tool and that will reduce most of the marks on the brass.
    Last edited by ed308; 05-11-2017 at 08:42 PM.

  9. #19
    TGT Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Posts
    2,039
    Even with no other obvious issues, your rifle may never reliably cycle those Hornady loads. I have seen several ARs short stroke the bolt when running various 223 rounds. They may shoot well in bolt guns but the powders used aren't the best for a gas system.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    Sounds like you found the problem. You can round the corners off of the extractor with a Dremel Tool and that will reduce most of the marks on the brass.
    This... had and ASC mag that needed quite of bit dremeling to function properly.

    Going forward in my .223 ARs I only use Lancer or PMags. Saving 5 to 10 bucks a mag isn't worth the headache of a rifle that doesn't function.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Texas Gun Talk

    Texas Gun Talk is the most active and largest Texas gun forum on the net. Be sure to check out our gun classifieds, political, and hometown sections.

Quick Links

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube google+

Back to Top