Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1. I have reservations about Federal CC laws, in that if they can regulate other states in one way, then they can in another way (aka later change it to NYC level CC requirements).

2. However, that aside, she is not supported by the weight of demonstrable evidence at this point, over decades now.

Zinc, you raise a good point; however, as long as the so-called "national" reciprocity is envisioned as just being an acknowledgement of another state's licensing act, then I think the concern shouldn't play a big role. In other words (as the article pointed out), the idea is to not force a change of cc rules onto a state that's different than what their citizens have allowed. A cc traveler would still have to know AND comply with all the nuances inherent in individual state laws (which strikes me as still being a little "risky" for the cc'er). However, as pointed out, it has worked out well for driver licenses so it seems like it could be made to work for cc.
    When a handgun just won't do:
    Fire mission, over...adjust fire, one round HE...coordinates...

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Zinc, you raise a good point; however, as long as the so-called "national" reciprocity is envisioned as just being an acknowledgement of another state's licensing act, then I think the concern shouldn't play a big role. In other words (as the article pointed out), the idea is to not force a change of cc rules onto a state that's different than what their citizens have allowed. A cc traveler would still have to know AND comply with all the nuances inherent in individual state laws (which strikes me as still being a little "risky" for the cc'er). However, as pointed out, it has worked out well for driver licenses so it seems like it could be made to work for cc.
    You bring up a fair point about driver's licenses.
    Last edited by zincwarrior; 05-19-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zincwarrior View Post
    You bring up a fair point about driver's licenses.
    Traffic laws are largely the same throughout the country. There might be different penalties for traffic offenses, but the laws are the same. As pointed out in the thread, the CC laws vary from state to state, so I don't think the analogy to driver's licenses works here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    Traffic laws are largely the same throughout the country. There might be different penalties for traffic offenses, but the laws are the same. As pointed out in the thread, the CC laws vary from state to state, so I don't think the analogy to driver's licenses works here.
    There are some traffic law differences in other states and it never hurts to know them, but the major rules are the same, basically common sense applies. The same can be said about states that Texas has reciprocity with now. I believe if there were a national reciprocity the basic rules, with minor differences, will be much the same. Penalties on the other hand, especially in states that push gun control, will vary.
    I don't pack looking for trouble, I pack in case trouble comes looking for me.

So they add another hour to the licensing course that covers the 50 states' law differences. Big deal there? Naw

But what about the differences in driving tests between states. If one test is easier, should they still be allowed to drive in another state?

And not all laws are always the same. Many years ago I returned to Kalifornia for a business trip. Hadn't been there since I lived at Pendleton. Traffic really, really, really sucked, but there was this lane to the left that a few cars were using that was cruising along nicely. Had some symbol I had never seen in a traffic situation painted on the pavement, but it appeared to be a normal traffic lane and other cars were using it so I did too.

Turns out that was the HOV thing and I had never heard of it. Luckily I didn't get caught, but I did make some good time. I'm guessing my ignorance of the law would not have helped me if I had been pulled over.
    Chris

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers

DALLAS.... no surprise here...

Quote Originally Posted by F350-6 View Post
    If one test is easier, should they still be allowed to drive in another state?
    They're apparently allowed now.... pretty sure I've seen some drivers in Dallas who didn't have to take ANY test!
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.
    When a handgun just won't do:
    Fire mission, over...adjust fire, one round HE...coordinates...

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    They're apparently allowed now.... pretty sure I've seen some drivers in Dallas who didn't have to take ANY test!
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.
    They don't even need to be citizens or have insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Bad D is a sh*thole. It is a big city and blue so what do you expect. You got a leftist sheriff, a county commissioner that is corrupt and just ended a federal criminal trial, the prior DA was a drug user that couldn't show up for work and also batsh*t crazy, the DA before that was a lazy democrat and probably a criminal, and the current mayor has tried to screw police and fire out of their pensions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast