Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggie96 View Post
    I received some interesting information yesterday.

I talked to a friend of mine that works for TDPS in Houston. He told me that the "local background check holdup" is the CHL Division's favorite excuse for delays in the wait times. He told me the truth is that they are SERIOUSLY understaffed and have a HUGE backlog since the elections. Apparently, they use this excuse to get people to hassle the local authorities and take the pressure off themselves.
    What "local authorities"?

I don't buy this excuse.

Since I just hit 120 days I think I'll make some calls next week. Maybe if we get enough complaints to the right people they'll fix their staffing issue. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.
    Have you heard from them at all?
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Wait Time

It says that they 60 to get you your license by mail or inform you that you did not cut the mustard.
    Today has been day 60 for me. It says that it is processing application.
    I emailed CHL website info and gave my info and pin 10 days ago and this is what they wrote:

At this time we are awaiting the completion of the background investigation. Thank you for your continued patience.

Rene M.
    Customer Service Representative
    Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau

Some of you posting that you have been waiting 120 does not give me very much hope that when I get home today that it will be in the mailbox.

TGT Supporter
    I'm getting tired of this bologna. Today is day 70 from receiving PIN in the mail and also still "Processing Application".

I took myclass in February (add another 28 days to the day I mailed it) and still no plastic. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired reasons. I'm tired of any line I keep getting fed short of "here's your license ma'am. You're not a criminal. You have paid your money".

Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    I'm getting tired of this bologna. Today is day 70 from receiving PIN in the mail and also still "Processing Application".

I took myclass in February (add another 28 days to the day I mailed it) and still no plastic. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired reasons. I'm tired of any line I keep getting fed short of "here's your license ma'am. You're not a criminal. You have paid your money".
    I don't know if you remember Johnny...he just got his in today.

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneside View Post
    I don't know if you remember Johnny...he just got his in today.

Geez, and you guys were the hellions of the class :lolz:

[quote=mattscards;64919]It says that they have 60 days to get you your license by mail or inform you that you did not cut the mustard.
    Today has been day 60 for me. It says that it is processing application.
    I emailed CHL website info and gave my info and pin 10 days ago and this is what they wrote:

At this time we are awaiting the completion of the background investigation. Thank you for your continued patience.

Rene M.
    Customer Service Representative
    Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau

I guess the 60 days was just a pipe dream. Now Day 61 and counting-- NOTHING

Another Update...

TXinvestigator,

They're saying the "Gulf Coast Authorities" and you're right, I'm not buying it either. That's what my friend told me. The "local backgoround check holdup" is just their canned excuse when people call.

And, no, I haven't heard from them which is why I decided to give them a call. According to them, they are still waiting for the results of the local background check. THE SAME EXCUSE THEY GAVE ME FOUR WEEKS AGO!!!

I could tell she was lying (or flustered) because when I asked for a number to the Gulf Coast authorities she said they didn't have a number. Yeah right, you're TDPS for crying out loud.

Harris County: 120 days since mailing, 90 days since PIN. APLICATION STILL PROCESSING. And I haven't even had so much as a traffic ticket since the mid-90's. :332:

Mine now shows processing application.....:happy0001: :bowdown: :happy0001:

Which locals?

Hello all,
    Just out of curiosity, which "locals" do DPS contact for background check? Sheriff's Dept. maybe?

Mine's not a heavily inhabited county, but we do have a lot of CHL applications ... & a lot more lately. I'm one of the "lately's". I thought I might, at some point, need to skip the middle-man and ask Jon (county sheriff) how back-logged he is.

If it's not the sheriff's office .. then who is it? Chief of police? I don't know of any others here it could be.

Thanks,
    Penny

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast