Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    The interesting question is, will Constitutional Carry make 30.06 signs irrelevant?
    Why would it? People have a right to dictate what happens on their property?

Quote Originally Posted by robertc1024 View Post
    ^^Interesting new points on an old subject.
    What are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Has there been any discussion about simply making the 30.06 sign apply to the open carriers?
    Last session the bill created 30.07 which applied to open carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanmills View Post
    That has more to do with strauss being a jackass than anything else.
    That problem was worked out until OCT stepped in and phucked things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    What are you referring to?
    Really???
    PAY WHAT YOU OWE
    REAP WHAT YOU SOW

I WON'T BE WRONGED
    I WON'T BE INSULTED
    I WON'T BE LAID A HAND ON
    I DON'T DO THESE THINGS TO OTHER PEOPLE
    AND I REQUIRE THE SAME FROM THEM

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That problem was worked out until OCT stepped in and $#@!ed things up.
    Never heard anything about that.
    Ramblings... sometimes about guns! http://www.jordanmills.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPAPIGREG View Post
    Really???

Well if he was referring to everything before him then fine. But if he was referring to what majormadmax had to say there was hardly a new statement made.

Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator View Post
    You cannot say that Texas doesnt allow any form of open carry. It isn't true. Texas generally prohibits the carry of handguns. There are several exceptions; on your own premises, premises under your control, inside of or enroute to a vehicle you own or is under your control, with a CHL, while traveling, while engaged in hunting or sporting activity where a handgun is commonly used, as a armed security guard, while supervising a TABC licensee, and as an armed, plainsclothes bodyguard.

Out of those 9 circumstances, only 3 require the handgun be concealed. 60% of situations where the carry of a handgun is legal, open carry is legal.

It is certainly not true that Texas "does not allow some form of open carry". As far as those other forty something states, what are the specifics of each?

I support the removal of restrictions on handgun carry, but we will never get it if we throw around made up facts to support our position.
    Well, they aren't my "made up facts". Here's what I was quoting. It's on the internet so it must be true. Bonjour
    Open Carry | OpenCarry.org
    "We've had civilized killin' here for years". - Sam Hollis "If you care, you WON'T leave your pants in an unattended vehicle . . ."diesel1959 "At TGT after the first page (of a thread) all bets are off. Then by the third page typically two members get into some squabble over some erroneous fact [sic]." - Tx69

Quote Originally Posted by BRD@66 View Post
    Well, they aren't my "made up facts". Here's what I was quoting. It's on the internet so it must be true. Bonjour
    That site is wrong on numerous counts. Their interpretation of Texas law is inaccurate, as is their interpretation of Michigan law (hell, by the looks of it most of their info is inaccurate). TXI covered the issues regarding Texas, so I'll cover Michigan. Up here, OC of pistols/sidearms is legal - but only if you have a valid MI CCW permit (and the pistol is registered with the state - though we're working on getting -that- abomination of a law repealed). OC of rifles/long guns is unrestricted, however, just like Texas. And up here, the cops (for the most part, anyway) know and respect the fact that OC is legal, and won't hassle you about it unless you're one of the goobers that keeps fondling their iron.

Regarding the "problems" with open carry - haven't seen any yet, unless you count a decline in criminal activity and people being more courteous/polite in general. Oh, and the occasional smile/appreciative nod from a passing cop.

Quote Originally Posted by BRD@66 View Post
    Yes, I know you were repeating what you heard without verifying the information.
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast