Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    Does this apply to National Parks? Like Fish and Wildlife properties? Sam Houston National Forest? I've often wondered but the Corps of Engineers talk makes me not sure if those are the same category. I'm not well informed enough to know this.
    National Parks are different. Park visitors are able to openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms per a federal law approved by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama in February 2010. Concealed weapons are allowed by state statute.

Essentially, if it is legal for you to conceal carry in the state you are standing in, then it is legal to conceal carry inside the gates of the National Park within that same state.

The only exception is federal facilities (buildings) located on National Park lands, where carrying of any kind is not allowed per USC 18 Sec 930. I have heard claim that commercial buildings, like gift shops, aren't included in that; but I for one wouldn't take that chance!

Cheers! M2
    When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

Life shouldn't be this complicated.

"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the land is not given by
    his father but is borrowed from his children." Audubon

TGT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator View Post
    Under federal law it is unlawful, as you have read above, to have a firearm on COE lands.
    You, of all people, making an absolute statement that is not correct...are you feeling ok? Lol
    -Pete
    Greyhound Station, Downtown Houston

I think we need an Article V (COS) to pass a law that the FEDERAL GOV'T cannot own land in a State. They have the District of Columbia. (THAT's IT!!!!!!!!!)
    Let them opt for a 100 year lease if they need facilities within a State. States should be able to control their own land. (and the EPA can stuff-it).

bob

Quote Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
    You, of all people, making an absolute statement that is not correct...are you feeling ok? Lol
    Unless hunting or at a range.

Better?
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Does this apply to National Parks? Like Fish and Wildlife properties? Sam Houston National Forest? I've often wondered but the Corps of Engineers talk makes me not sure if those are the same category. I'm not well informed enough to know this.
    National Parks are not off limits, unless COE. However, federally facilities like Ranger Stations etc., are...
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Thanks guys! I had been wondering about that. There is a walking trail I visit that is a fish and wildlife property and it clearly has wild hogs that visit often. Not that me shooting a hog is likely gonna turn out fantastic, but I would like to have that as an option just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator View Post
    There are state and federal laws a LTC (CHL) holder has to be concerned with. Under Texas law state parks are not off limits. Texas law does not address COE lands. Federal law does. Under federal law it is unlawful, as you have read above, to have a firearm on COE lands. Texas law enforcement officers won't care, as it is not a violation of Texas law.
    Except Texas Law Enforcement officers on COE land are deputized to enforce Federal Law, so be careful out there before you assume nothing bad will happen.

The rules depend on the park you are visiting, but as of 2010, I believe, firearms are permitted.
    I don't pack looking for trouble, I pack in case trouble comes looking for me.

Vaquero,

AGREED 100%. - HOPEFULLY in 10 days things will be 100% BETTER.
    (We gun-owners & particularly those of us are GIs/ex-GIs have been targets for the ANTI-2nd Amendment POTUS, whom I call: Resident ZERO.)

yours, satx
    "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast