Cultured Pirate

Attending - Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) - May 17-19, 2013 - Houston

After doing some research, soul searching and asking myself if I really need another pistol, I decided to man up and take the training to get my ass in gear. The ECQC class is regarded as one of the best force on force training classes out there bar-none. I always hope the skills learned will never be needed but one can never be too prepared.

ECQC will be held at the Impact Zone, NW of Houston, May 17, 18, and 19th. Speaking to the host, there are 8 more spots open. This is a relatively low round count class, 400, which in today's standards means you have no excuses. Hell I will keep my eye out for ammo if you need some to attend. Who wants a true gut check?

Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC)
    The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing marking cartridges and protective equipment.

I have no tie to ShivWorks, the host, the trainer, facility etc. This is only to help fellow TGT'ers get some world class training. Oh did I mention it is in Houston? One and only time this year in Texas.
    Be the warrior in your heart. Live as a warrior. Watch how your life changes!

Suarez Int. - DPS, PSP, CRG-5 : Patriot Handgun - Tac I & II : Shivworks - ECQC

I'll be there too. Looking forward to it.

Damnit, wish I could afford this one, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Please do a class review afterwards, Gramps! Craig's classes, especially ECQC, are basically the most relevant classes for the armed civilian and CHL holder. The more people that find out about good training like this, the better.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

SERPA Hater Crew founding member #1

Cultured Pirate
    Will do Sig! Amazingly stumbled into the class posting on M4.net while doing research, sure as hell glad I found it!

To sweeten the pot I just ordered a decent amount of ammo and it should be here in time (should know timeline tonight). SO, if anyone wants to go but is having ammo problems I will help you out.

What's the price for this class?
    The Thread Killer.

Cultured Pirate
    $450 - Here is a link to ShivWorks webpage with more information: CourseWorks | ShivWorks

Thanks.
    The Thread Killer.

I will be there also.

Cultured Pirate
    Still a few spots left. This class is going to be a real gut check and eye opener. Skip buying that 4th new pistol this year; learn to run what you carry, it may just save your life!

I just read a few things about this class and I also wish I could have been there.....Please post up a After Action report...