Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by WCDUB View Post
    I'm with you,bud,but I sense that we are in the minority!
    Well, there's been talk about the vanishing American male. I blame that for those who don't realize the .45ACP is as American as John Wayne, apple pie and Jeeps!

As the old axiom goes, "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet!"
    When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
    Well, there's been talk about the vanishing American male. I blame that for those who don't realize the .45ACP is as American as John Wayne, apple pie and Jeeps!

As the old axiom goes, "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet!"
    New fangled 45ACP is for hipsters! 9mm is old school.

Vanishing American male ego. nope alive and well here. lol John Wayne carried 45 Colt

People act like somehow they are more accurate with a 9mm than a .45; ain't nothing farther from the truth!

A 1987 FBI ballistic wounding report stated that all things being equal, the advantage will always be with the larger caliber round...

That same report also stated that the most "lethal" round is the .22, as it accounts for more deaths than all other calibers combined. However, how many people use it for self-defense? Not many that I know!

Me, I go with the bullet that makes the biggest hole, and I plan to use as many of them that I have at my disposal. 'Nuff said.
    The .22 may kill more, but what that statistic doesn't tell you is the length it took for that's person to pass on. .22 isn't an instant stopper. You can live for hours, if not days with a few .22 bullets in you. Of course depending in where you're hit.

9, 40, 45. Any one will handle 95% of your problems. I carry a 10mm for the other 5%

The problem is finding large-caliber men in our nation. Probably why 9mm & .380ACP are so popular now....

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

This one is done. The reason why? The thread started off excellent, well thought out, and lots of great info from the late Paul Gomez. The thread has now devolved into ego posting and/or ridiculous anecdotes about calibers. Please don't dilute the quality of informative threads with stuff like that guys.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

SERPA Hater Crew founding member #1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456