Join TexasGunTalk

<<<Ω>>> Site Design Issues! Post Them Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by SIG_Fiend, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I hate the new software then.

I am leaving.

Someday.

I just hate bugging you guys for simple stuff like that. That sucks.

2. texcross

texcross Active Member Admin

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Vbulletin we had it set like for an hour. too many folks would come in and try to wipe their accts.
    I have it set at 24 hours here now. 2 - usergroups did not have that option they do now.

3. texcross

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    This is a bummer, will work on a custom plugin soon. For now simply reply SOLD!
    or if folks want PM me the url and say close. Does not bother me to do it.

4. texcross

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    OK so web guy can fix it so folks can close their own thread, he can program it - so will keep everyone posted when it's done

Vaquero likes this.
  5. texcross

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    OK
    in a thread, your first post, under the content you will now see you can close your ad/thread.
    Please let me know if there are any issues...

closed.PNG

6. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Thank you!

7. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Cool. Thank you.

8. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My missing album has been restored! Thank's to all who had a part in bringing it back!

Flash

9. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Getting used to the new software and appreciate all that has been done to make it more familiar to users.

My biggest issue by far is still with the number of posts that can be displayed on a page.

Besides adding many more clicks, and quite a bit of additional scrolling from top to bottom into the mix; it also makes it klutzy to find the last post in a thread with so many pages, and to bounce back and forth between responses, particularly when some posts remain unread.

I realize that the last page is indicated in blue, but that doesn't really solve the issue with long threads and unread posts.

That said, the forum is too valuable and informative to let a mildly aggravation issue like that ruin the experience, so again, thanks for all the work. You've handled a veritable sea change very well ... not easy to do on the self centered interwebz these days.

10. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I do have one complaint that when I go BACK with my browser, I don't go to the same area or place I left when I clicked on something. I go to the TOP of the page I last visited!!!

Other forums I am on simply goes back to the exact spot I was at when I chose something.

Just something I noticed.

bob