• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    It's almost always been a sensor for me, and I've thrown a lot money at new sensors in both my wrangler and cherokee. If you have the means to try a mechanical gauge, that would be the best first step, IMHO. It'll let you now if you really have a problem or not or if you're changing out parts that will have no bearing on the reading. There's a reason JEEP is an acronym for Just Empty Every Pocket.

ETA If you have a multimeter, you should be able to check resistance in most of your sensors to see if they're bad or not.
    DK Firearms

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    It's almost always been a sensor for me, and I've thrown a lot money at new sensors in both my wrangler and cherokee. If you have the means to try a mechanical gauge, that would be the best first step, IMHO. It'll let you now if you really have a problem or not or if you're changing out parts that will have no bearing on the reading. There's a reason JEEP is an acronym for Just Empty Every Pocket.

ETA If you have a multimeter, you should be able to check resistance in most of your sensors to see if they're bad or not.

Time will tell but I think it was correct in saying the CPS was faulty. It took forever to start this morning and in the past it’s not uncommon for it to buck or stall in reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Since you keep guys are linked to this thread I’ll post a second question. I just noticed today that my engine temp is running cool. It’s usually at 210 for my 4.7L. It’s been consistent at 155 (as if a 1/4 tank of gas). It’s idling fine. Only thing I know going on would be I added some oil the other day and it’s a little above the “safe” section. Bad thermostat?
    356522f3eb9208b373438ea85a8dc565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 356522f3eb9208b373438ea85a8dc565.jpg
      356522f3eb9208b373438ea85a8dc565.jpg
      353.7 KB · Views: 268
    Top Bottom