Venture Surplus ad

‘Girl tried to kill me’: Biker tells police after shooting librarian accused of pointing gun at him

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    And I really don’t get all the pregnancy hormone talk. Wife had 2 kids, both sisters had 2 each. Never remember any of them trying to run over anyone.

Hormonal imbalances in pregnancy is a very real thing, and not uncommon. Huge increases in estrogen levels and other hormonal components can absolutely create vast mood swings, including extreme anger and frustration. Many men through the ages had to bite their tongues, and roll with the punches when the mood swings happen. My wife wasn't punching out cars, but she had her fair share of mood swings for a few weeks, a combination of hormones and discomfort. Same with my best friend's wife, I remember she starting a huge argument at our house with her husband for literally zero reason, out of thin air, and she is a very nice, well-adjusted person.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hormonal imbalances in pregnancy is a very real thing, and not uncommon. Huge increases in estrogen levels and other hormonal components can absolutely create vast mood swings, including extreme anger and frustration. Many men through the ages had to bite their tongues, and roll with the punches when the mood swings happen. My wife wasn't punching out cars, but she had her fair share of mood swings for a few weeks, a combination of hormones and discomfort. Same with my best friend's wife, I remember she starting a huge argument at our house with her husband for literally zero reason, out of thin air, and she is a very nice, well-adjusted person.

Yeah, I’ve had bad days too.

Didn’t ram anyone with my truck, lol. Self control is still a thing. Hormones or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    This exactly.

911: What is your emergency?
    Librarian: I got into a fender bender and the biker went ballistic and threatened me. I feared for my life and left and he is following me home waving a gun at me.
    Why are you making stuff up that never happened? Do you have a source that she called 911 and stated what you said?

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    Reading is fundamental to intelligent discourse.

Context. It matters. I suggest you reread his post in context.
    Nobody was waving a gun an anybody. The news article says she came out with a gun, he drew his gun and fired. So again, why is anyone adding something to the story?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Why are you making stuff up that never happened? Do you have a source that she called 911 and stated what you said?
    It was a sample scenario of what she could have done

She was certainly scared was followed and he did have a gun.

eta

here is context of my response:

Why didn't she call the cops?

so i gave sample call

Last edited:

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    About 8 years ago when I still commuted to cedar park I was riding in traffic on mopac. I was about to change lanes but saw a sport sedan coming up fast so I held off. He went past and I pulled in behind him. By this time we were in slow traffic. He looks in the mirror and shakes his finger at me. I had just finished a 12hr shift and it hit me the wrong way. So I flipped him the bird. He proceeded to brake check me. Traffic then speeds up again. He starts merging over to exit. I started to follow but decided things could end in a number of different ways. So I took a deep breath and twisted the throttle. Pulled into my garage 20 minutes later, cracked open a beer and sat on the patio.

That being said I could see a situation where I would follow. If I was hit and needed to follow to get a plate and vehicle info for insurance. I would not be able to call 911 and follow. I do not have Bluetooth communication in my helmet. I'm not sure I see the need to follow all the way to the house though.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    After she hit and ran. Facts as they are, good shoot.
    she could have called 911. She didn’t. “Bikers” did call 911. “Biker” has valid carry permit. No word on whether government employee did, but if she did, I am sure it would be mentioned.
    No need she was on her turf.
    Fact is she committed a crime with H&R.
    She hit the biker while he was on his bike and RAN with no thought to his safety.
    He and several other witnesses followed her and di the right thing by calling 911.
    She came out with a firearm and pointed it at him screaming.
    Pretty cut and dried from my viewpoint.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Frankly, it does not matter to me who cut off whom, who got flipped off, who got run over.

If a person produces a firearm and points it at another human, I do not believe that person might live long enough to understand all possible consequences and negative outcomes of their actions.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Nobody was waving a gun an anybody. The news article says she came out with a gun, he drew his gun and fired. So again, why is anyone adding something to the story?
    Still dont get it? It was a hypothetical call. Context.

This happens when people are so quick to play gotcha they completely ignore the context and flow of a discussion.

Top Bottom