• ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    <>

Note that this article, while reporting a few facts, is REVISIONIST, as it projects modern attitudes of the author & his employer back on to those who fought so long ago.

see: https://archive.nytimes.com/opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/free-soldiers-of-color/

It surprises many today that almost 3,000 Free Black Men volunteered for Confederate COMBAT duty. Those men were not slaves or servants. In fact, some of their families OWNED SLAVES.

“Reconstruction”, not the War, destroyed the great wealth of antebellum Southern Black Families.

After studying the actual historical records for 20+ years, I have concluded that Slavery was NOT ‘’the cause’’ of the Civil War, and that it didn’t even become a major issue until Lincoln was losing, both on the battlefields and with northern public opinion.

The ‘’History’’ we were taught is a pack of LIES.

If you doubt me, go find and read “Lincoln’s Wartime Speeches (UnEdited)”; in which he tells in plain words what he intended to do and why.

Those who actually fought for EITHER SIDE respected ONE Man above all others at War’s end: General Robert Edward Lee of Virginia.

leVieux

<>

Some of what you say might be partially true. The Mulattoes in New Orleans were allowed to formed a confederate unit to secure the safe space they were afforded apart from the darker skinned slaves. That unit was quickly disbanded prior to the war from what I read.

But to assert that slaves or free blacks fought for the cause of the confederacy is quite a stretch.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I’d love to see a white African come here and play the African American race card.
    Before I moved here, I mentored an Egyptian who was becoming an American citizen. He would qualify as an AA also.

He is a Coptic Christian. He went home for a week during the Muslim Brotherhood uprising 10 or so years ago and almost didn't make it back. Several members of his family were slaughtered. I've seen the pictures - he wouldn't share online and I don't blame him.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    <>

Note that this article, while reporting a few facts, is REVISIONIST, as it projects modern attitudes of the author & his employer back on to those who fought so long ago.

see: https://archive.nytimes.com/opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/free-soldiers-of-color/

It surprises many today that almost 3,000 Free Black Men volunteered for Confederate COMBAT duty. Those men were not slaves or servants. In fact, some of their families OWNED SLAVES.

“Reconstruction”, not the War, destroyed the great wealth of antebellum Southern Black Families.

After studying the actual historical records for 20+ years, I have concluded that Slavery was NOT ‘’the cause’’ of the Civil War, and that it didn’t even become a major issue until Lincoln was losing, both on the battlefields and with northern public opinion.

The ‘’History’’ we were taught is a pack of LIES.

If you doubt me, go find and read “Lincoln’s Wartime Speeches (UnEdited)”; in which he tells in plain words what he intended to do and why.

Those who actually fought for EITHER SIDE respected ONE Man above all others at War’s end: General Robert Edward Lee of Virginia.

leVieux

<>

lincoln was a tyrannical piece of ****.

Top Bottom