• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Back in the olden days, we just had to carry what we had, or not carry.

Today, most of us have several handguns of various types & calibers.

As GrandPa to 10, and unofficial advisor to many; I frequently observe other well-meaning “Gun Folks’’ giving those new to carry, or even new to firearms, some very bad advice.

Much lf this is in reference to specific characteristics such as chambering, sight radius, reloads, capacity, even performance on a range, as qualities to seek. While these may be important for some uses; the single most important characteristic of a self-protection ‘’carry gun’’ is its LIKELIHOOD OF BEING THERE WHEN NEEDED.

Thus, ease of carry, comfort, & ‘’concealability‘’ should trump all other considerations.

As one who once learned this lesson the very hard way, I won’t be talked out of it.

One danger rarely expounded-on is the all too-careful attitudes of those new to ‘’just not carry’’ for fear of making a transgression. Same as the deadly ‘’car carry’’ or ‘’I’ll carry only when I feel a need to carry’’.

Serious criminal attackers plan their attacks to purposely catch victims at their most vulnerable moments.

To paraphrase the late W C Fields: (when attacked) ’’I’ve been armed and I’ve been unarmed; believe me ARMED is better!’’

So, start small like a lightweight J-frame or a LCP, even a P3AT. Get them COMFORTABLE while carrying. The goal is to keep us all as safe as possible. Just like with fire-extinguishers.

leVieux

<>
    Lynx Defense

Top Bottom