• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

”VIGILANTISM”, as intended here refers to communal protections in areas where, or during times when, effective official Law Enforcement & Public Safety are absent or inadequate.

It is the ad hoc community use of force, or threat of force, by citizens to maintain order and protect lives & property, including coercion of criminals.

Please do not make this thread into something else.

leVieux

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    According to Oxford, a vigilante is a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
    The real problem with vigilantism is that those who take the law into their own hands have no accountability factor. When we talk about law, it is often defined as "law and order." It is that “order” part, along with a lack of accountability, that makes vigilantism such a dangerous activity.
    Which is more "dangerous"? Citizens seeking a safer community, OR the bought and paid for D.A., an incompetent, diversity hire police chief, and, L.E.O.s without skills or training? Me personally, I'd rather have my fellow neighbors watching me AND watching over me.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Which is more "dangerous"? Citizens seeking a safer community, OR the bought and paid for D.A., an incompetent, diversity hire police chief, and, L.E.O.s without skills or training? Me personally, I'd rather have my fellow neighbors watching me AND watching over me.
    Equally dangerous are incompetent LEO’s and ignorant civilian scumbags looking for the opportunity to play God and shoot whomever they decide needs to die.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Equally dangerous are incompetent LEO’s and ignorant civilian scumbags looking for the opportunity to play God and shoot whomever they decide needs to die.
    Was on a high risk traffic stop where the driver was reported to have shot up a house moments before.

When I arrived there were a dozen cop cars up with the truck already so I blocked the road a little up from them at an intersection to provide a safety buffer should it get spicy or or there was a driver not paying attention.

Anyway so Karen called 911 because she thought it excessive so many officers were on the "traffic stop for a head light out"...

How bad could it have gotten if she had tried to take action to protect the bad guy with the gun from her ignorant and wrongly perceived reality...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was on a high risk traffic stop where the driver was reported to have shot up a house moments before.

When I arrived there were a dozen cop cars up with the truck already so I blocked the road a little up from them at an intersection to provide a safety buffer should it get spicy or or there was a driver not paying attention.

Anyway so Karen called 911 because she thought it excessive so many officers were on the "traffic stop for a head light out"...

How bad could it have gotten if she had tried to take action to protect the bad guy with the gun from her ignorant and wrongly perceived reality...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatal

Believable, we frequently see stupidity on full public display, often couped with arrogance !

leVieux

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Lol you mean interfering with police?

Reminds me of those first amendment auditors on YouTube. It’s a colorful world but overall I hate most of em. I can only imagine: y’all are trying to work and someone with no job needs to “audit” y’all.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Once again, my o.p. was not intended to indicate any support for ‘’interfering with police’’;

but,

for those situations where effective police response is unavailable, either from non-presence, distance, prior more demanding situation, or intentional political control of officers.

We all support ‘’self-defense’’, and the RIGHT of individual non-criminal Citizens to have and carry the tools needed.

Vigilantism is but GROUP self-defense in the absence of effective Police protection.

Recall that the Rodney KIng riots were stopped not by the LAPD, nor the CHP, but by Korean-American store owners on rooftops with AK47’s !

Note that most of Florida has ceased post-storm looting by authorizing Citizens to SHOOT looters.

Remember that our Frontier Ancestors kept the Peace via vigilantism.

Note that during the ANTIFA/BLM rioting, which destroyed many businesses & homes, their local Police were neutered by inappropriate political control from local leftist ‘’authorities’’, many of whom promoted anarchy.

Recall that, in the post-Katrina Flood crises, both imported Police and two local rogue Sheriffs actually promoted criminal violence by illegally disarming local non-criminal Citizens.

Then my two neighbors in mid-City Houston begged HPD to come quickly as thugs were breaking-in. When HPD finally got there, some 21 minutes from the 1911 call, they found both butchered in a bloody mess.

What would you suggest when Police just aren’t available; no matter the reason ?

leVieux

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What would you suggest when Police just aren’t available; no matter the reason ?

leVieux

1. Properly prepared AR or other long gun of your choice.
    2. A side arm you are proficient with.
    3. Plenty of ammo for both.

If not already, have GOOD insurance to cover your defense costs. Personally, I'd likely disable any recording device to preclude the inevitable armchair quarterbacks. I've had to draw and shoot before - it's NOT what you think it is, so my advice would be to do everything reasonably possible to avoid pulling a trigger....but, if you have to do so.....STOP the threat.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Properly prepared AR or other long gun of your choice.
    2. A side arm you are proficient with.
    3. Plenty of ammo for both.

If not already, have GOOD insurance to cover your defense costs. Personally, I'd likely disable any recording device to preclude the inevitable armchair quarterbacks. I've had to draw and shoot before - it's NOT what you think it is, so my advice would be to do everything reasonably possible to avoid pulling a trigger....but, if you have to do so.....STOP the threat.

Depending on the threat(s), wouldn’t you call on like-minded and capable neighbors ?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Lol you mean interfering with police?

Reminds me of those first amendment auditors on YouTube. It’s a colorful world but overall I hate most of em. I can only imagine: y’all are trying to work and someone with no job needs to “audit” y’all.
    Auditors are *mostly* just sh!t stirrers, trying to edge as close to the line of a crime as they can to bait an officer to react poorly. I know what I can and can't do and what is worth it and what is not. I've had a few, especially when I worked the entertainment district try to stir stuff up but we just ignored them.

I have the right to work in a safe (relatively) place and can make the scene safe for others like EMS by keeping people out or back. What gets most of the officers into trouble is when they get told no on a consensual encounter aka a conversation and they forget the can only ask and not make.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Auditors are *mostly* just sh!t stirrers, trying to edge as close to the line of a crime as they can to bait an officer to react poorly. I know what I can and can't do and what is worth it and what is not. I've had a few, especially when I worked the entertainment district try to stir stuff up but we just ignored them.

I have the right to work in a safe (relatively) place and can make the scene safe for others like EMS by keeping people out or back. What gets most of the officers into trouble is when they get told no on a consensual encounter aka a conversation and they forget the can only ask and not make.

I was raised to NEVER argue with an Officer at the scene of any disturbance or incident. My late Dad held that the Police had the dual functions of Law Enforcement and Public Safety “first responder”.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom