• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    A guy I know has a gun shop up in Oklahoma. He had a nice Sky M39 Finnish Mosin-Nagant. Wrapped up the deal and the list is now shorter. It was made in 1942.
    Sky M391.jpg
    Target Sports

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I remember reading that the Finnish gins would shoot Russian ammo but the Russian guns would't shoot Finnish ammo.

That along with weather gave the Finns a distinct advantage in that border dispute. Whatever advantages the Finns had it wasn't enough to overcome the numers of Russian troops.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The finnish never scoped this rifle

what if I don't care if they did or did not? I am making the rifle the way I want it? I beleive I used the words sniper clone? FYI the Finns married Russian PE scopes to make the M 39 SOV. The Finns made copies of the Russian mounts to use on this model. The Finns made less than 500 some say 200 to 300 of them. This is a clone of the M39 PE/SOV rifle made by the Finns. As I said this will be a clone of that rifle/scope combo. This rifle exists and was made in Finland. I did do some research on this combo and didn't yank it out me arse.

Last edited:

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I remember reading that the Finnish gins would shoot Russian ammo but the Russian guns would't shoot Finnish ammo.

That along with weather gave the Finns a distinct advantage in that border dispute. Whatever advantages the Finns had it wasn't enough to overcome the numers of Russian troops.

The Finns did make a 7.62x53mmR. Rifles were made in 7.62x54R to allow the Finns to use captured Soviet Ammo If you type 7.62x53R in the URL bar you can read to your hearts content about this cartridge.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunitio...ickid=QUbTS4xzRxyJRh0xTV1LXQupUkgTGxUJwQotSg0

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    No pissing contest just the facts jack. I was told by an internet expert that this rifle didn't exist. However, it did. I have no control over the other person pouting so bad and got intoxicated from his upper lip fumes and not being able to type a coherent post a couple of times. Some people get butt hurt and do that. I can't help if a person is too lazy to do a search on this thing called the internet before the pie hole is opened.

Last edited:

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I’m sorry I forgot about a gun that only had 500 made. Have fun screwing up a piece of history and do what you want with it.
    I will. In fact, I am shipping the mount, screws and the proper drill and tap to the gunsmith that sold it to have it mounted. I will post you some pictures. I even found a bent bolt handle for it. The internet is an amazing place for finding stuff.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom